I'm Going To Be Fine, I Promise

You had your left hand intertwined with Matt's as you, he, and Jensen rode in the elevator to the 5th floor, where your Dad's room was. The doors opened and you slowly stepped out. You now had your head rested on Matt's shoulder. Your family was everything to you. You hated that you were gone for those years, that you all couldn't have talked about all of it. But, that was the past. This is the present. You were all better. Because of Jensen. You took your head off of Matt's shoulder and turned your head to Jensen who was walking beside you. He smiled at you and grabbed your empty hand, kissing the top of it.

"Matt, what room is Dad in?" You asked wanting to run into your Father's arms and have him tell you that he's going to be okay. "Room 301." As Matt said that last digit, you unhooked your hand from his and darted down the hallway. The tears were beginning to form but you didn't care. After passing about 6 rooms, you came face-to-face with room 301. Taking a deep breath, your shaking hand reached for the door handle, you were hesitant on opening the door, but the sweet laughs that you heard in the room made you settle your heart rate.

Opening the door, your eyes locked on your Dad. He was laughing with Katharine as he lay propped up in his hospital bed. Katharine sat on the end of his bed, holding his hands. "Dad-" You said letting out the breath you didn't know you were holding in.

All head's turned in your directions. You Mom came from around small table and Katharine got off the bed. "Hey (Y/n/n)." You Dad said softly. You walked in and covered your mouth with your hand so you didn't let your sobs out. Reaching the edge of his bed, you fell into his open arms. He pulled you into his lap and cradled you close. You let out your sob and let your warm tears soak his gown that he was in.

"Shh, sweetheart. It's okay. I'm going to be okay. Shhh-" You Dad whispered in your hair as he kissed the top of your head. You said nothing as you laid in his arms. Matt and Jensen walked in the room and saw your state, but let you and your Dad have your moment. You looked at Jensen who mouthed the words "I love you" to you. You said nothing back, but watched as your Mom pushed herself and everyone out the doors, giving you and your father the time to talk. Letting out a shaky breath, "Dad, what happened?"

"I had a minor stroke early this morning. But I'm going to be fine, I promise, don't worry so much." He said and you lifted off his chest, giving him a guilty glance as you noticed his shirt damp from your worry tears. "Of course I'm going to worry Dad. You're exactly that, my Dad. My rock. My protector. The one I can go to about anything. You have to be okay. You have to." You were crying again and your Dad held you in his arms.

You both sat like that until you finally got your composure. You and your Dad talked about how you were doing and it was making him smile, which made you smile. He actually made you laugh. A nurse came in and told Dad he could go home later this evening. That his tests looked good. You hugged him tightly and texted Mom to come back to the room.

Your boyfriend, siblings, and Mom came in with worried faces but soon changed them after seeing your happy face. "Why you smiling, sis?" Matt asked sitting in the chair next to your Dad. "Want me to tell them?" You turned to your dad. "Go for it sweetie." He said and you smiled. "Tell us what?" Katharine spoke. "Well, a nurse came in, to give dad an update, and said he could go home later tonight!" You said smiling and Katharine wrapped her arms around you. "I missed you." You said to her. "Missed you more. How's the leg?" She asked pulling away. "It's good. Feel's a little weird but good." She smiled and gave you another squeeze before pulling away.

"Jensen, good to see again." Your Dad said causing your attention to turn. "You too, Sir. Happy to hear you are doing better than this morning." Jensen said shaking his hand. "Me too, son." You all laughed. You got off the bed and gave Jensen a quick peck and a hug. "I have a surprise here for you." Jensen said on your lips. "You do?" You asked and turned to see Gen walk through the door.

"Gen!" You smiled and engulfed her in a hug. "Hey (Y/n)! Missed you." She said and pulled away. "Missed you too," You moved to face your family. "You guys remember Gen, Jared's wife. She was at the house a few times while you guys were there." "Yes, of course. Gen, how have you been!" Your mom said giving Gen a hug. "Great. And you, how are you feeling?" Gen turned to your Dad. "I'm good. Thank you for coming Gen." He smiled and Gen bent down to his bed and gave him a hug. "Gen, I don't think you've met my sister before. Katharine, meet Gen." Gen shook your sister's hand. "Wait- I've seen you before. Are you a model?" Katharine smiled, "Yes, I live up in New York City." "Yes! I've seen your work before! Love some of the pieces you wear!" Gen and Katharine both laughed. "Well, we will have to have a girls night sometime in New York and go shopping!" "Definitely!" Gen replied.

The next few hours, you spent with your loved ones. Talking, laughing, crying, jumping on and off the train of emotions. You spent the time in the chair next to your Dad's bed, in Jensen's lap. He ran his hands up and down your arms soothing you. You gave him big kisses and thanked him for coming with you. Matt and your Dad also asked how you were doing about David. You told them about Ryan and dropped the subject after that, not wanting to bring up those memories again.

**********************

Returning to your house was comforting. Knowing that you could go home and that everyone loved you again. It was an amazing feeling. Everyone was happy and sound. Mom made you, Jensen, Katharine, and Gen stay for dinner. The food was amazing and Gen took off to go grab her bags and the boys to meet us at the airport.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay? Cause I can stay." You reminded your Dad as you were outing your coat on. "No, I'm fine, promise." He said and you rolled your eyes. "Dad, you can't keep saying that. It doesn't make me feel better." You say as you pulled your shoes on. You grabbed your Dad's hand and lead him onto the porch past Jensen for a moment with just him.

"Dad, I love you. I want you to know that I'm only a call away, for anything. If you do anything, call me. Because I-I can't loose you, Dad," here came the water works. "You gotta walk me down the aisle, you gotta be here for late night chats and be the only one to stay up with me all night. You have to be in that delivery room when I give birth to your grandchildren. You have to get better. You have to." You clung onto your Dad's chest like you were going to fall.

"Sweetheart, I will be okay. This was just a little scare. I know I told you I only had a few months left, but the doctors said I'm getting better and should push on further. I'm doing fine. But you have to relax. Live your wonderful life. It makes me happy to see you happy. Jensen will be there for you. I trust him. But, you have work, you have a life. You can't put that on hold, okay?" Your Dad finished and released you. "Okay. I love you." "Love you too." He kissed your forehead and wrapped his arm around your shoulders as you walked back to the front door. "You take care of her for me Jensen. I can't always do that for her so the torch is moved to you." Jensen shook your Dad's hand.

"I promise, Sir. She will be under my watch and Ryan's." They let go. You said your goodbyes to your Mom and Matt. You and Jensen got the airport in good time and a little bit after Gen did. The flight was silent. Except for the occasional sneeze from Tom, who was getting over a cold.

You landed around 3 am. You were half asleep, and so was Gen. Jensen was helping Gen with the sleeping Tom and Shep off the plane. Jared met us outside the plane to pick us all up. "Thank you Jeremy. Thank you very much." You said reaching the bottom of the steps. "You are more than welcome, Miss (Y/n)." You smiled and followed behind Gen and Jensen. The car was packed and ready to go home. You and Jensen sat in the way back of the SUV, Jared drove, and Gen sat in the middle with her boys.

Jared dropped you and Jensen off at your house and informed us that we had the day off from work tomorrow, curtesy of Bob. You gave them a weak smile and told them goodnight, and then good morning. Jared laughed at your drowsiness and drove off back to his and Gen's house. Jensen and you got inside and went straight to bed.

You were both mentally and physically exhausted and were thanking Bob the whole way up the stairs for the day off. Neither of you planned to do anything tomorrow except relax.

***********************

Update!

It's a shorter chapter!

Hope you still enjoyed it!

Xoxo