Dinner Party

"What?! You invited them over! My house is a mess! I can't cook! You told them everything! They probably think I'm a pathetic loser!  Dani, why? I look terrible!" You were rambling on and on and couldn't catch your breath. You grabbed onto the island table and Dani noticed your state, running to your side.

"Hey, easy...easy. Just breath (Y/n). Just breath." Dani rubbed your back as you slowly closed your eyes and took in a few deep breaths. You were having a minor anxiety attack, and not having one in a while takes a toll on you.

"Why did you invite them here?" You finally caught your breath and Dani helped you to a seat at the table. She gave you a glass of water and you graciously accepted.

"Because we will be working working with them, you especially. So I thought we would all like to get to know each other. And bull you can't cook, you can cook better than me. Want me to call it off?" Dani looked at you, pointing towards the phone.

"No, no. Let them come. To see how pathetic I am." You took a sip of your drink before sinking your head onto the cold marble counter.

"(Y/n), they don't think your pathetic. They think you are strong and very brave. Yes, I told them your deepest secret but they need to know. They really wanted to know if you were okay. And Jensen, he seems to real care about you already." Dani grabbed your hands from the other side of the table and you lifted your head up. "I love you and I am only looking out for you. I want you to be happy. Happy like before David," Your while body shook when she said his name. "He's in the past. You have moved on. I know what he did was terrible but look at you know! Your career just hit the jackpot! Let's have a good time tonight. Open up to our new friends."

"You are always so right Dani. I just need to take a chill. Mind if I take a quick nap?" You asked and she shook her head no. You grabbed your glass and hopped of the seat.

"I'm going to run out and get a few things. When I get back I'll wake you so we can clean a bit. I shouldn't be too long." Dani smiled and grabbed her purse and keys as you headed towards your room. You flopped onto your huge mattress that you had all to yourself and curled into a ball. Breathing slower and slower, you eventually sank into a nice relaxation state.

"(Y/n), hey girl. Time to open those eyes. The guys are going to be here in an hour-" Dani gently shook your shoulders and you sat up slowly.

"How long was I out? Wait? And hour! The house, it-its a mess! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" You scrambled off the bed but was pushed back down by Dani.

"Relax. I cleaned the house for you. I came back from the store and you just looked so peaceful I didn't want to mess you up. You slept for about three hours."

"Dani, you're amazing. I love you so much!" You got to your feet and wrapped your arms around her. You were beginning to tear because you had the worlds best friend right here.

"Okay, enough." You both laughed. "I'm going to check on the food. Go take a shower and get ready. I'll get ready after you so you can watch the food." You nodded and she left the room. You walked into your bathroom and stripe four of everything. Turning the water on hot, you jumped in and lathered yourself up fast. Not wanting to take too long for Dani. Shaving quickly as well, you turned off the shower and wrapped yourself into the towel you hung up.

Opening the bathroom door, the cold air blew across your warm body as you walked to your closet. It was only beginning to get colder since it was the start of Fall.

Flipping through your entire closet you finally landed on a simple, yet elegant dress. It was navy blue and was tight around your torso and more flowing on the bottom. You added your tan heels and quickly changed into the dress. With your hair still a little wet, you pulled it up in a nice braided bun. Not too tight, but loose and pretty. You gave yourself nice smokey eyes and sprayed yourself with your favorite perfume before making your way downstairs.

Dani was mixing something on the top of the stove when you entered.

"That's my favorite perfume-" Dani commented turning around to face me. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks Dani. Not too much?" You asked as you got closer to her.

"No, it's perfect! You are perfect."

You rolled your eyes and let out a huff. "Yeah, far from it."

She laughed and pointed to the stove. "The Lasagna is in the oven. It's almost done, just check on it in 10 minutes or so. Then it should be done. Everything else on the stove is explanatory...you got it?" Dani seemed to rush through everything and she moved her way out of the kitchen.

"Dani, you act like I can't cook. I'm a better cook than you!" You rolled your eyes at her laugh.

"Well, earlier you said you were horrible at it so," She shrugged her shoulders and the both of you laughed. "I just want this to all be perfect. You took longer than I thought in the shower so it's on you of the guys come and I'm not down yet!" She laughed and ran up the stairs.

"Dani!" You yelled at her with smile. Looking at the time, the clock read 5:15. Shit, well better crack the beers now. Checking on all the food, you grabbed a beer from the fridge and headed into the dining room to make sure everything was set up. And it was. Dani did everything.

Smiling, you walked into the living room to out something on everyone might enjoy. Skipping through the channels, you end up on the Cowboys vs. Eagles and kept it on. Your favorite team is the Cowboys since you grew up in Houston. Your Mom and Dad still live there. Your older brother lives in Austin and your older sister lives in New York. You are the baby of the family.

You sat on the couch watching the game until you heard the timer go off for the lasagna. You set your beer down and headed into the kitchen. The timer shut off and you put in the oven mits to take out the glass dish. Right as you set it down on the counter to cook offC the doorbell rang.

"Shit, Dani! They're here!" You yelled up the stairs.

"Go open it and greet them. I'll be down in a few minutes-" She yelled back down and you rolled your eyes knowing a few minutes meant like 15 or 20.

Taking a deep breath, you open your front door.

"Hey guys, come on it. Don't worry about your shoes." You smiled when Jensen was the first to walk in, next Jared with a women at his side, and Misha.

"Hey (Y/n), I hope you don't mind. I brought my wife, Genevieve." Jared smiled at you and you looked down at Genevieve.

"The more the merrier!" You smiled when Genevieve wrapped her arms around you.

"You can call me Gen and I'm happy to have another female around her. Too much of these goofballs can drive you crazy." You both laughed and pulled away.

Looking back at Jensen, he smiled softly towards you. His eyes melted your entire body. Catching yourself from staring too long, you began to clear your throat, "So whose hungry?"