Chapter 2: Lasting Lovers

When she first saw Chuck with that girl, she didn't know what to think. She was beautiful, sweet and the kindest person in the world without one bone of hate in her gracious body. Blair knew she was the opposite of that all. She may be beautiful, she may have a slim body (only because her mom forced her to only eat lettuce for 18 years straight) but what was that all if you could have a girl who had no bad thoughts about others? It killed her. Dorota tried to hide the newspapers. Serena told her not to search the internet and Gossip Girl. She knew one day she had to talk to him again. She only didn't know it would come so fast.
She saw them when she was shopping on her own for a new Chanel dress. Shopping took her pain away. It was still the best thing to do if she was sad or heartbroken. He was staring at her. She was wearing a Elie Saab dress. White, like the innocent virgin she was. Still, her eyes were only focused on him. He looked different, happier. There was something in his eyes that was different. She could cry when he gave that look at Eva. He only looked like that at me! That was the first thought that crossed her mind . And then he turned. She took a breath, prepared to run to avoid them both. "Blair." His voice was still as perfect as she remembered. "Eva, I like to introduce someone to you." He spoke, never taking his eyes of Blair. Eva turned. She couldn't run away anymore. Too late, you coward she thought to herself. She walked slowly to them. "This is Blair Waldorf, my ..." Before Chuck could finish his sentence Blair said: "Friend". Eva seemed to understand it. "Well hello Blair. I love the necklace you are wearing! Where did you get it from?" Blair swallowed. The necklace Chuck gave her one day when they were attending a party. She hadn't taken it off since she got home and since she found it again. Chuck stared at the necklace. He knew. Blair knew. Eva didn't. "Oh, I got it from my mother". The lie was so visible in Blair's eyes but only Chuck could detect it. Eva was talking to her in the background but all she could think was how she could hold her tears inside. "I'm so curious to get to knew Charles his friends! I'll go change right now, but maybe we can meet up sometime for some tea?" Eva politely asked. "Yes sure." Blair answered with barely a whisper. Eva disappeard to change in the changing rooms. They were left alone. "How are you doing?" Blair asked with jealousy and hurt in her voice. "I'm good, could be better." Before she asked what that meant he asked her the same question. She didn't know how to respond. "I don't know". After that answer he sat down next to her.
They were so close. Too close. "Eva seems a kind girl." Chuck closed his eyes and she could spot a little smile on his face. "Please don't be jealous of her. You shouldn't." That made her heart jump a little bit in her chest. He probably only said that because he meant that Eva was in all ways better than her. "I don't even know what i'm doing her. I... I need to go." She took her bag and started to walk away. "
We should talk, and you know it." That stopped her in her tracks. "I can't. You are now with Eva. Be happy. That's all I wanted for you." With those words she stepped out the store and left a dumbfounded Chuck behind.

What we have is a great love. All consuming.

He laid on his back. Eva was peacefully sleeping. The moonlight shone into the Empire penthouse and carefully made a soft light shine through the window. They had stayed up watching a silly movie. But all he could think about was Blair. Today in the store he saw a broken girl. And all he wanted to do was hold her in his arms. That couldn't be right, he couldn't think about other women. Eva was his fate now. She saved him from death. It was like an angel that saved him from hell. Everything was perfect. Still, he felt like something was missing. When they shopped together, she didn't go all crazy in the dress section like Blair did before. When they ate together, she didn't steal his food like Blair did and than pretented nothing had happend. She was not the same. Chuck knew he should let her go. Why couldn't he just do it? He stepped out of the large bed and went to the kitchen to get a drink. He had stopped drinking after he got shot. He slowly drank. Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind. It couldn't still be there, right? He opened a few drawers and found it. In the blue and cold moonlight Blair's favourite headband was laying on the table. She told him once, after a rather.. special (but occasional) moment in his limo that he could keep it. He never gave it back. He touched it and a lot of memories crossed his mind. "I love you", "You were so sexy up there.", "Why did you hurt me?!", "You are the best thing ever happened to me", "Never come back", "I don't love you anymore", "I only want you to be happy". Suddenly Eva called out and he turned his head. He walked back to the bed. He laid down again. "Are you alright?" Eva asked sweetly. He noddend even thought she couldn't see him. Maybe he just really had to let her go.

Blair woke up the next morning with a really heavy feeling. She dreamed again of him. He had to choose between her and Eva. He chose Eva. She died in the dream. A dark thought crossed her mind. Maybe that's the only thing that could take away her pain. Maybe dying was the only way she ever could be free again.
Who was she even kidding? She was Blair Waldorf! She didn't have feelings. She was a hard stone-cold bitch. Only for one man she let her wall down to look in the core of her heart. She had enough of it. The stupid advice Serena gave "You are too good for him, search another one" was kind of her, but worthless. What was she with that when she knew only one boy was her fate, her whole everything? Her universe, her rock in a wild sea. She would fight for it. He was hers after all. And she realised that she was still more than in love with him. She didn't want to be his friend.

On the other side of the Upper East Side, a boy kissed a girl. Still, the boy's heart belonged to someone else. The girl knew too. Sometimes fate was just pointed out that way. The girl and the boy did love each other. But it wasn't enough. It wasn't their fate. Sometimes you got to fall to hit the hard ground. Then you can fly. And one day, fate would change. In C's heart, in B's heart.

Up next:
Chapter 3: Gorgeous Girls