Chapter 24

Harry's P.O.V.

Today is the day. The day that I have wanted to never come has finally came. I wish I could escape from it, but I can't. The battle is here and it's not going away.

Miles and Jade are already sharpening their knives and other weapons. I never liked either of them, especially Miles. I saw him picking on that vampire, Ana, before and that wasn't something you would want to see.

Niall isn't ready for this. I know him better then anyone else. He truly thinks that he can do this. My dad has brainwashed him into this sick and twisted feud. This new Niall wants to see the blood of vampires spread across the battle field. The old Niall was someone that I could call a brother to me. But I don't know if I can ever get that Niall to come back.

It turns out that Derek is a pretty cool guy. He's a good friend to me, but it's not like her understands. Hell, no one understands me. No one except for Miranda.

Does she feel the same pain that I feel every morning that I wake up? It's only been a few days since we parted and I miss her dearly. If I'm being honest with myself, I've missed her since I said goodbye.

"We leave for the battlefield in 30 minutes. Everyone eat up and get ready for the fight of your lives." My father announces. Everyone erupts in cheering except for me. How could something that is so terrible bring joy to people?

Zayn's P.O.V.

I say goodbye to Miranda, even though I know she won't answer. All she has done for the past few days is sit in her room. She's being unreasonable. This could be the last time that she ever sees me again.

This could be the last time that I walk in these halls. This could be the last time that I step down these stairs. This could be the last time, the last time that I am in this house.

It's hard for me to do this. I don't really have a choice. Liam doesn't want to do this either, but it's our destiny. He can't fight that and neither can I. A knock on my door interrupts my upsetting thoughts. I answer it and Liam stands there with puffy eyes.

"I just said goodbye to my family." Liam wipes his hands over his eyes.

"I'm sorry, man."

"Caroline didn't understand. She looked so confused when I started balling my eyes out. She's so young. She didn't even know that she's a vampire yet. I'm doing this for her."

"I understand."

"Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"As I'll ever be." I can feel tears sting my eyes. We both look at each other.

"Bring it in, man." We hug each other and try to cope that we could never forget what is about to happen in just an hour or so.