Chapter 30

Harry's P.O.V.

My heart and soul have seemed to slip away. I am nothing now, absolutely nothing. I don't even feel like a human being anymore. I feel like air, like I'm fading away even more then I already was.

I can't be without Miranda anymore. I can't endure the pain any longer. I lost her. I let her life slip through my fingers and I don't think that I can live with that.

I walk to the river on the other side of town. I walk into the bridge overtop of it. I look down at the racing water and the rocks that sit under it. My fate is calling to me.

One jump and I'd be dead. One jump and I won't have to live with the pain any longer. One jump and I'd escape from the cruel world. One jump and the pain of losing Miranda will no longer haunt me.

I climb over the railing and take a deep breath. Am I really going to do this? After trying so hard to live my life, I'm just going to give up and let it all go? I can't just live my life without a purpose, can I?

"Harry, wait!" Zayn's voice makes me turn around as him and another guy run towards me. They lift me over the railing and back onto the bridge.

"Looks like we got here just in time." The other guy says.

"Harry, this is Luke. Luke, this is Harry. Harry, you were going to kill yourself?" Zayn asks. I didn't realize until now that I was crying. I wipe the tears from my face.

"Uh, I...I-"

"We will talk about this later. Back to what we came here for. Luke might have found a way to get Miranda back."

"Is this some sort of a sick joke? Because I'm not laughing."

"No, Harry it's real. Miranda is part vampire, so if she is just bitten by one, she could come back as one." Zayn says seriously.

"This can't be happening. I could get my soul mate back!"

"Exactly, but we need to hurry. Where is she?"

"By the creek near the field." I state and lead the way at a full sprint. This can't be real. This must be a dream. I could get Miranda back.

"Here we are." I approach her lifeless body with Zayn and Luke. It makes tears fill my eyes to see her again. Her beautiful face has become pale and her body is cold and lifeless.

"Okay, so you just bite her?" I ask.

"I guess." Zayn shrugs.

"You guess? This is Miranda's life we are talking about! And you are guessing?!" I raise my voice.

"Harry, calm down." Luke puts his hand on my shoulder. I sigh.

"Okay, here goes nothing." Zayn bites into Miranda's neck. I feel my pulse quicken as I watch him. He pulls away and all eyes are on Miranda's corpse.

Nothing happens. Her body just lays there, the same as before. Zayn begins to cry and Luke holds his head low. I sit there on my knees next to her body and begin to sob.

"No, what did we do wrong? Try again or something.... try anything-"

"Harry, there is nothing we can do." Luke frowns.

"Miranda, please come back! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU! I NEED YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD! I CAN'T BE WITHOUT YOU ANY LONGER! I CAN'T WAKE UP EVERY MORNING KNOWING THAT I CAN'T SEE YOU! THERE IS NO WAY I CAN LIVE WITHOUT THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! I HAVE NO PURPOSE WITHOUT YOU! NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND THE PAIN THAT I EXPERIENCE WITHOUT YOU! I NEED YOU HERE WITH ME!" I cry.

Now I'm starting to wish that I would've jumped. I turn away from her. I can't look at her and realize how much I have lost. I lost everything when I lost her.

"Harry?" A weak voice whispers. I turn around to Miranda's eyes fluttering open. Oh my god.

"Miranda?"

"Harry, I missed you. I-I thought I was gone forever." I bend down to her and lift her up into a hug. I never though of be able to hold her in my arms ever again.

"Me, too. Miranda, I love you. I love you so much. I love you to the stars and back. I'm just so glad that you cam back." I cry tears of joy and I notice that she is crying too.

"Awe, Harry. I love you so much." She kisses me and I cherish her lips on mine again.

"Zayn! Luke!" She smiles and both the boys embrace her.

"Miranda, I never thought I'd see you alive again." Zayn cries.

"Well, here I am. It's all because of you." She hugs her brother even harder. Miranda's eyes lock with mine and I smile at her.

"Go ahead, love birds. Just be back at the house for dinner." Zayn chuckles. Miranda and I walk hand in hand to the middle of the field.

"Miranda, I've never been more sure about anything in my life. I love you with all my heart. I can't express how much I love you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm so glad that you're mine again. And now I don't want to let you go, for the rest of my life."

"Harry, what are you saying?"

"Miranda Malik, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I get down on one knee.

"Yes! Harry, oh yes! A thousand times yes!" She jumps into my arms and starts to kiss me. And for once in my life, I feel complete.

________________________

The next chapter is going to be an epilogue! Thanks for staying with me throughout this book! I couldn't have asked for better readers!

Vote

Comment