Chapter 6

Miranda's P.O.V.

Harry and I agree to meet back here once we both get our horses. I basically run to Liam's house to get Cricket. I am panting by the time I get to the door. I knock and await an answer.

"Hello, Randa." Caroline answers the door.

"Cricket is out back. Let me get her for you." She sprints to the backyard to grab Cricket. I smile at her excitement. I remember when I was her age. I had no worries and everything was always handed to me. Things are way different now and they will never go back to the way they were.

"Here she is." Caroline hands me the reins to my beautiful palomino. I take them gladly and thank her. She smiles and runs back into the house. I climb onto her back and rub her neck. She whinnies and throws her head into the air. I laugh and trot her back to the spot where Harry and I are supposed to meet. I wait their for a few minutes.

He isn't coming. He stood me up. There is always a catch with a guy like that. No one is perfect. I'm naïve. My smile returns when I see a Harry cantering toward me on a gorgeous appaloosa. He stops in front of me with a huge grin on his face.

"Thought I forgot, huh?" He smirks.

"Yes." I blush.

"I'm not that kind of guy." Harry and I start to walk the trail to my house.

"So, how long have you been in Transylvania?" I ask.

"About a week. I love it here. It's so peaceful."

"Where were you before you came here?"

"I was.... uh.... I move a lot so I don't remember." He hesitates.

"Oh-"

"It's because of my dad. We are always moving because of his job."

"Oh, that makes since." I say awkwardly.

"How long have you been here?" He asks to break the silence.

"My whole life. Everyone I great here. They've been so supportive and helpful. Especially with my family."

"I know that it isn't my place, but what happened with your family?" Harry asks with wide eyes.

"My parents were both killed when I was little. It's just been me and my brother since then. Zayn is a great guy, you'll love home." I see his eyes widen at the use of his name.

"Zayn is your brother?"

"Yes, do you know each other?"

"Yes, for a few years now." He smiles. Our horses are taking a liking to each other. They whinny and touch muzzles every few minutes.

"I challenge you to a race."

"I'm not going to race you." I laugh.

"Because you're scared that my appaloosa will beat you palomino?" He asks, challenging me even more.

"You're on." I kick cricket harder then usual and she breaks into a gallop. Ripley does the same but jumps a stride or two ahead. I see my house getting closer and closer with each stride we take. I dig my heels into Cricket's sides and she jumps ahead at the last second. I throw my arms in victory and Harry pretends to cry.

"Go ahead, cry. I won't judge." I tease him. He laughs and stares at me with his green orbs. I smile at his eyes on me. It's like they cut through my body and can see right through me.

"What can I say? You're a marvelous girl, Miranda." He smiles.

"You, too. You're marvelous. You're not Miranda, I am... so... you're amazing." I sound like an idiot. We both hop off our horses and stand next to each other. He doesn't laugh at my stupidness.

"Why aren't you laughing at me? I sound like an idiot." I stare into his eyes.

"Why would I laugh at you? You're one of the only girls in this town with a personality." He steps closer to me and I feel my heartbeat increase. The sun is about to go down. This is it. I'm going to get my first kiss. He leans in and then stops and looks at the sun setting.

"I have to go." He states breaking eye contact with me.

"Okay. I'll see you around then?"

"Definitely." Harry climbs onto his horse and gallops off. That was strange. Do I smell really bad or something? I knew that he wouldn't kiss me. Who would want to kiss me anyways? That's right, no one. I walk inside dragging my feet on the ground. Zayn's figure emerges from the coach and he looks concerned.

"You were gone for a while... what's wrong?" He asks stepping towards me.

"Nothing." I turn away to head upstairs, but he grabs my arm. Damn, he's strong.

"Miranda-"

"I said NOTHING!" I escape from his grip and run to my room.