Chapter 28 Part 2

The knife hit its target, my arm. It would have been my chest had I not been expecting it. Tyra being the stupid bitch she is thought that a silver knife would work. Funny thing is silver doesn’t work on Alpha’s or anyone in an Alpha bloodline. I easily slide the blade out from my right arm with my left hand. I didn’t even stop to think s I threw the knife right back at her. I hit her in her stomach making her instantly fall to her knees and a pained look to come to her face.

Looking around I noticed everyone frantically running around as enemy wolves ran into the backyard. They started destroying everything like they were searching for something and I think I can tell you what that something is. I knew my children were long gone. Their scents hidden and them safe somewhere close.

“Why did you do this?” I asked Tyra making sure the recorder on my phone was going.

“You really are a dumb bitch you know that?” She had pulled the knife out and was lying on the ground dying. There is no cure for silver.

 “I kind of figured that out since you have said it so much.” I was trying to make her angry. I want everyone to know why she did this and why I killed her. If I kill her and I don’t have evidence as to why I will be sentenced to death.

“Because of your kids.” The way she said you and kids was not very nice. “If they are to live everyone will want the when they figure out what they are. But that’s the funny part no one will. All these wolves that are here they are going to kill everyone. No one will know why because you will be the first to die.” She nodded her head and I felt someone sink their teeth into the place where my shoulder and neck meet.

I shifted instantly and attacked back. Even with an injury I will not back down. I sunk my teeth into the wolves’ neck until he finally stopped moving. I spit him out and looked back at Tyra but her eyes were on something behind me. Turning around I saw what it was.

My daughter was standing on the porch with Zach hand in hand. The part that had everyone staring was that they were glowing. Wolves would run at them but when they got close to the light they would bounce off. Our pack took this as an opportunity and would attack the ones who tried getting through the shield they had up. The small children and their mothers ran into the light and were let in.

I was just about to head towards the light to when I noticed the dark shadow over me. I turned quickly to see a man looking at Tyra with sadness in his eyes.  As he turned to look at me his eyes changed to a look of hatred. I didn’t even have time to process what he was doing as he launched his self at me. He transformed as I was knocked to the ground and was on me almost instantly. He was biting everything he could get his mouth on. My arms and legs, my torso and even my tail. All you could hear now was his snarling and my yelping.

Tyra coughed and wheezed that was enough of a distraction as the man looked at her for me to jump at him. I didn’t hesitate as I bit into his neck and I didn’t let go until his head rolled onto the ground and rolled right to Tyra’s. Tyra immediately let out a yelp of pain that only a true mate would feel. I instantly knew that she has had this planned for a long time. Not even a minute after I killed her mate did her heart stop beating.

Turning I could see Josh standing still in the middle of a battle ground. Our wolves were fighting off the enemy and making sure their Alpha didn’t get hurt. Just as a wolf was about to lunge for Josh I jumped in its way. The wolf instantly stopped and was staring at something behind me. Again I turned around to see Addison standing behind me but she wasn’t my Addison. Her eyes were completely red and around them were black markings that looked as if they traveled down her whole body. As she looked at the wolf she smiled before snapping her fingers together. I didn’t know what had happened until I seen the exploded carcass behind me of the wolf that was just about to fight me.

I shifted and grabbed Addison as tears started to fall from her now normal crystal blue eyes. She was sobbing and repeating over and over that she doesn’t know what happened to her and she didn’t mean to kill him. I looked around us to see all the wolves once again staring at us. This time thought the enemy wolves backed away slowly and turned to run. Our pack wolves just continued to stare until Addison spoke.

“Everyone I need your attention.” She was calling to everyone and they shifted and looked at her not even frightened just curious. “I didn’t mean to kill that but he was going to hurt my mommy and I already lost one I am not losing another. I know you have questions and I will try to answer them as best as I can.”

A man with black hair and brown eyes raised his hand. I think his name is Gabe. “How did you make him explode like that?” He looked like everyone else, curious.

“How about if I just explain everything? Me my daddy and my brother Greyson are all specials. Yes I mean the kinds that are from the legends not the other kind.” Everyone laughed at her little joke. I think it’s kind of amazing that even after what everyone just witnessed her do they still give her time to explain. “When I heard all the noise I found my daddy and when we touched we started to glow. I didn’t know what I was doing but I knew I was helping. Then when I saw mommy almost get hurt by the bad guy I had to help. I just remember thinking that I wanted him to hurt instead of her and snapped my fingers. This is what happened.” She stopped with her story and motioned to the exploded carcass once again.

“Where is my mate though?” Josh was finally back into his human form and boy did he look pissed.

“I think I can answer that question.” I walked over to where my torn clothes where and grabbed my phone. I didn’t care if I was naked hell everyone was. I stood in front of Josh about to play the recording but I had to clarify something first. “Before I play this just know that I stabbed her. But I only stabbed her because of her throwing the knife first as everyone witnessed.” I then proceeded to play the tape. By the time I was done Josh looked ten times angrier than he did a minute ago.

“Josh she also had a mate. I killed him that’s how I got all these cuts and stuff.” I looked down at myself just to see how bad it is. It was like as soon as I seen them I realized just how bad they were and how tired I was getting. My eyes were starting to close as I started to sway. Just as I hit the hard grass covered ground did I let my eyes close and envelope me into dark unconsciousness.

Tell me what you think.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Love

-K