Chapter 23 <3

“How is any of this even possible? How can Zach be a Special too?”

“I can’t exactly explain it to you. All I can tell you is that his blood is different; there is something stronger about his blood. Something strong and special. It could just be genetics or something else, the only way to figure that out is to ask his family or go back into the family tree.”

“So you’re saying I’m special?” Zach asked with a huge grin on his handsome face.” I wouldn’t have ever thought I was something special.”

“Of course you are. All my babies happen to be I guess my little ones.” I said as I put my arm around Addison and look affectionately at Grey. “And my bigger one.” I said as I wrapped my arm around him. He hugged me and Addison.

“Not to ruin this nice family moment but we really should get down to business.” We all looked over at the witch. “I am going to send home a few things that will help to keep them hidden but it won’t work for long it may not work at all. Zach I am also sending home something for you too. Where are you guys living anyway?”

“Honestly we haven’t figured that out yet. We kind of had to leave in a hurry.” I said finally letting that sink in. I and Zach and our children have no house. What are we going to do?

“I may have a solution to that problem. There is this little village a few miles away from here it’s a hidden community. You can probably find a home a job and I know there’s a little old school there. That way I can also keep an eye on you. The only problem we may run into is the children and Zach there emanating power the charms I’m going to give you like I said may work but if not we will have to strengthen the wards. In order to do this the children would have to learn to use their powers. It is said that only Specials and witches can strengthen wards.”  She walked away and came back moments later with a bracelet, two necklaces, and one ring. “The ring is for you Sage. Zach and Addison you both get necklaces and of course Grey gets the bracelet. Now you be on your way here is a map to the Hidden Forest. I hope you like it.”

“Ma’am what is your name?” I finally asked her.

“You may call me Maggie or Grandmother like everyone else or even grandmother Maggie.” She was beaming at the idea and wearing a huge smile on her wrinkled old face.

“Thank you Grandmother!” Addison yelled as she wrapped her tiny arms around the taller woman. They were both giggling and smiling at each other.

“I never had a grandmother who wanted me so will you be my grandmother?” She asked Maggie with her cute little puppy dog face. I was in tears and I could tell Zach was trying his hardest not to cry.

“Of course I will be your grandmother darling who could say no to that cute face.” Addison started screaming and jumping up and down.

“Addy how about we go and try to find our new home.” She nodded as she said her goodbyes. Zach was putting Grey in the truck and I was told to go back to the hotel and get everything packed and ready to go.