Homecoming

Part Seventeen

Shweta and Prakash returned home to set up the house for Avni's welcome. The medical team had given her clearance to come home.

Prakash was in a jovial mood that he threw decorations and flower petals at Shweta. Bebe chuckled at them and warned Prakash not to waste all the decorations on Madonna.

"Bebe main kya soochri thi, ki hum na Neil aur Avni ki dobara shaadi kar denge," Shweta stated.

Bebe smiled.

"First time kuch saaye socha hai tune. But of course this time we must book their honeymoon. Last time the poor souls missed that opportunity. Let Avni recover first then we shall have a small ceremony before we send them off on a honeymoon," Bebe declared.

Meanwhile at the hospital..

"Look Avni I have gotten you fresh clothes," Neela said as she placed the red suit and bangles on the bed.

Avni frowned at the suit and bangles.

"Ma this outfit is for a newlywed bride."

" Arre meri tubelight! You are still newlywed. You two fools are always stuck in some situation or other. You never got to enjoy the early days of your marriage. Now that is going to change," Neela said as Neil came in with coffee.

"Yeh saab kya hora hai?"

"Tuhme samjao aapni biwi ko," Neela said with a bright smile indicating towards the red outfit and matching accessories in gold and red.

Neil smiled.

Neela left them alone for a few minutes.

"Ab kaisa lagra hai wifey?," he asked.

He sat down on the bed next to her. She wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head against his chest. He had gone home earlier to freshen up only because she and Neela Ma had forced him.

He smelled like home. She felt so much better that she could feel his warmth beside her after so long.

" I am sorry Neil," she whispered.

He stroked her hair

"Tumari ko galti nahin thi," he whispered.

She sat back and glared at him.

" I allowed someone's presence ruin our peace," she declared.

He took her hand in his.

"Then we are both to blame. Chalo now we are together now. Why don't you get ready?"

As she reached for the clothes, he touched her hand.

"Do you need any help?," he asked with a glint of mischief.

She merely shook her head at him before closing the door of the washroom.

Neil suck close to her as his family did her ghar parvesh.

Avni was delighted at the efforts everyone took to arrange for her welcome.

Both Avni and Neil were fed lots of food. Riya and Aman kept their grandmother company. She smiled at the couple. The fact was Dayawanti did not know how to feel about Avni being alive.

Later on Avni felt sleepy and slumped against Neil's shoulder.

Ali nudged Neil that they both should retire early tonight.

" You guys have been through a lot lately. Why don't you guys go ahead? DD and myself will make sure everything is cleared off and get everyone home safely," Ali declared.

Riya offered to help as well. Dayawanti wasn't happy her younger granddaughter would be spending the rest of the evening with a inspector and journalist.

But Riya paid her no mind. Aman ended up taking Dayawanti home.

Neil led a very sleepy Avni up to their bedroom. He woke her up so she could change into her nightgown. He gathered her in his arms and tucked her in.

It was then everything really dawned on him.

His Avni was finally back with him. He wasn't ever letting her go away again.

Avni awakened slowly the next morning. She squinted knowing it was still early. She smiled realizing she was leaning on Neil and his arm was wrapped around her.

She had dreamed and hoped for this day for three months. She sighed. She glanced at her clothes and blushed.

Neil probably had to help her get ready for bed. She didn't recall pulling out her coral colored nightgown.

She recalled how they chased each other around the house and how the coffee she had wanted to spill on him had landed on her instead. They both been married a few days. He was supposed to take her on a date after the pug phera ceremony, but he had gotten home to late for them to go out.

She giggled and then covered her mouth to try to stifle her laugh.

"Avni so jao theri dhere aur," he muttered as he pulled her against his chest.

"Neil choro mujhe," she exclaimed.

He opened his eyes and glared at her.

" Haat thama nahin chorne ke liye," he declared.

He pulled her close to himself. He kissed her forehead and her cheeks, then she reeled him in for the kiss on her lips.

Once he pulled away and stroked her hair back he noticed the fading scar behind her hair strands.

"That is from the train explosion," she commented.

Neil questioned her with his eyes where else. She told them of the ones she knew. He explored each mark or scar he found with great tenderness. Soon it turned into taking them both into bliss.

Avni awakened sometime later and sighed. She should have had a shower before Neil and her had, she blushed.

She felt a gaze on her back as she shifted to grab her nightgown robe.

He grabbed her wrist.

" Avni I love and trust you but tell me did he ever try to.."

She looked at her husband's sullen expression.

"He didn't dare," she replied.

She leaned over and kissed his forehead before heading into the bathroom to freshen up.