The Villian

Part Twelve

" Who is that brave yet foolish officer that dared to try to find me?"

"Sir uski paunch bauth upar thak lagti hai," his henchman stammered.

"Uski koi toh kamzori hogi, dundo usse. In the mean time I headed out of the country. We need to make a decent fool proof plan. He will have to pay for his bravery," the boss declared.

His henchman was about to leave, but he stopped by his next words.

"Naam kya bataya tumne?"

"Uska toh ACP Neil Khanna hai saab," he replied.

"Uski koi biwi ya girlfriend hai kya?"

"Phata karta hoon saab," he said with his head down.

" Usko kidnap karke mere paas leker aana. Jab bhi mil jaye," the boss declared.

" Saab kahan leker aana hain?"

"My favorite city of all time of course, Prague," the boss answered.

The henchman left the room worried. Boss's favorite city always changed. How was he supposed to get the girl, if there was one to Prague without being caught?

Vidyuth Pandit was no ordinary boss, he would do far worse than kill to get what he wanted.

The henchman's name was Balu. He led a life of crime but he had a bad habit of taking things at face value. Also Avni Mehta aka Aanya Verma was no easy catch. Just ask her fiancee who was now bending on one knee proposing to her less than 24 hours before their engagement ceremony.

"Come on Avni manjo! Look my knee is hurting,"Neil pleaded with his chocolate brown eyes and adorable expressions.

Avni smiled.

"Theek hai ACP Neil Khanna, I accept your proposal," she declared.

"Sorry mere paas woh ring nahin hai hai. Woh Bebe ne.."

"Bebe chupali hai. She is so excited for tomorrow that's why. No worries."

"Vaise woh human trafficking case kaise chalra hai?"

"Why do you want the first dibs on the report, Ms. Verma?"

Avni chuckled. They would always use her pseudo name when in public places and especially since she could not use her real name in her current job. It was too risky. Avni and Ali had a makeshift office cum hideout in the uneven basement of his mother's cafe. They often met informants there.

"Perhaps I do," she whispered.

As Avni was leaving the station, Balu came there in a disguise and inquired who she was.

A peon scoffed at him.

"Of course everyone knows. She is ACP's special informant. Without her help he wouldn't have made such progress in the past couple of cases,"

Balu's eyes widened. He felt like he had hit the jackpot.

If he arranged for her to be napped, then that ACP would never be able to catch his boss.

Flashback..

Neil shook hands with Avni outside his office door. She felt something being pressed into her hand.

"Keep it aside but close to you. I think we are being watched," he whispered.

She merely nodded and placed it inside her bag.