Part 19- 22nd February 1969.

Start from the beginning

"NO FUCLKING CHANCE!" Paul yelled back, "Who do ya think you are, coming into my house and screaming at me! NO! NO! NO!"

"You'll regret this!" John snarled.

"Yeah, right! You're the one regretting it already!" snapped Paul, "You're nothing without me and you know it!"

John turned. "YOU BASTARD!" he hissed, swinging a punch towards Paul, hit him square on the side of his face. Rose and Lucy ran to try to stop a major fight breaking out.

"Get out!" yelled Rose, "Get out now before I call the police!" She hustled John and Yoko out of the house and slammed the door behind them. She turned to find Lucy sat with Paul.

"I'll get the ice." Rose scuttled off and returned with a bag of frozen peas.

"OWWW! Watch it!" he snapped at Lucy as she gently placed the peas on his face.

"Sorry. Hold it on Paul. It'll help with the bruising."

"This isn't the end you know Lucy. I'm going after him. I'll show him what..."

"Paul stop! STOP!" She took his hand, "You've had a severe blow to the head Paul. Calm down and let me check it!" She removed the frozen peas and looked at his face, "That's bad!"

"I'm fine!"

"Paul love, you've got a huge lump on the side of your head and the start of a black eye!" said Lucy urgently, "You're not fine! You need to go to hospital!"

"NO CHANCE!"

"Paul love, you have to! You could have internal bleeding, concussion, anything! A head injury is dangerous!"

"NO LUCY, I'M FINE!" He stood up and walked towards the living room. "I need to get this mess sorted and the window fixed before tonight!"

"Paul." This time it was Rose. "Please, I'll sort out a glazier and everything. You listen to Lucy. She is a nurse, remember."

Paul sighed. "I'll sort it!"

"Paul, if you let me take you to be checked out, then I'll move in with you. Permanently." said Lucy suddenly! "Please Paul, I don't want anything to happen to you."

Paul looked at her in astonishment. "You'll move in?"

She nodded. "But only if you go to the hospital."

He grinned. "OK." His grin faded. "Actually I've got a throbbing headache!"

After being thoroughly checked over in Accident and Emergency, the doctor decided Paul was showing all the signs of concussion and wanted to admit him over night. Paul objected.

"My girlfriend is with me!" he told the doctor, "She's a nurse. She can keep an eye on me."

"PAUL!" Lucy was exasperated.

"Mr McCartney, I can't force you to stay in," said the doctor seriously, "but if you're prepared to do exactly what your girlfriend tells you and come back if she feels it is necessary, then I would allow you to go home." The doctor, whom she knew, looked at Lucy. "How would you feel about that?"

"I would rather he stayed put."

"Please Lucy." That was Paul.

She looked at him, studying his face. "Will you do what I tell you? Be honest if you feel different in any way?"

"I will. I promise." He nodded his head. "Oww! That hurt!"

Lucy tutted. "I told you it was bad! Keep your head still. And I'm driving or you're staying here."