"Woah, you're too early. I haven't started cooking yet." I said as I let him in. He laughed. "I figured I could give you a hand." He kissed me on the cheek. "Oops, no. I didn't get to help you at yours, so you don't get to help at mine." I told him and he threw his hands up and nodded okay. "Who may this one be?" He took Hatchi from my arms. I was stunned at how fast Hatchi warmed up to him. The little cow was already snuggling up his chest. "That one is Hatchi." I said. "Wow, so original." He joked. I laugh and hit him on the arm.

He was hovering over me as I cooked. "What are you doing? Are you judging me in the inside?" I stared at him. He laughed and shook his head. " No, I'm just really fascinated." I felt my cheeks heat up again. "Shut up, you. Go on there and sit down, this is ready." I watched him as he walked to the dining area.

"Oh my God, this is so good. How on earth did you get so good at cooking?" He said as he took another bite. He was eating really fast and he had so much. I laughed at him. "Easy there, you might choke." I grabbed a napkin and wiped his lips. "Self taught, I guess." I stared at him as he devoured my food. " That is so unfair, you're cooking is phenomenal." I laughed.

We were just finishing our drinks, when I felt an unsettling feeling. Only then did I notice that my food didn't go down properly. It was stuck again. It had always happened to me when I was a child. I had a lot of stomach problems and my esophagus was too small. I had surgery to correct it but I still had a little problem swallowing my food from time to time. And you'll never know when it'll happen. Normally, I just had to wait it out because it eventually goes down, but this time I had the need to throw up.

"Pez, are you alright?" Alex grabbed my hand. I placed my other hand above his and nodded my head. "Ehm, my food is just stuck in my throat again. Don't worry it happens. " He got up and went to my side, resting his hand on my back.

I tried to wait it out and tried to swallow hard but I just felt like puking. When I couldn't hold it in anymore, I immediately stood up and ran to the sink and threw up. Alex was running after me, guiding me. He held my hair up and continuously rubbed my back. When I was finished, I washed my mouth and looked at him. "I'm sorry you had to see that. You probably think I'm a such a freak." I tried to laugh. "What? No. Are you alright? Do you want me to drive you to the hospital?" He asked me. He had this concerned look on his face as he held my back. "No I'm okay. This normally happens." I patted his arm and smiled. "I'll stay with you until the girls arrive, okay?" I nodded at his proposition and smiled at him "Would you be alright at the living room with Hatchi? I'll just freshen up upstairs." He nodded and led me to the foot of the stairs before he went to the couch and picked Hatchi up.

"Are you alright now?" He asked as I walked to him. "Yep." I sat on the other end of the couch he was sitting in. The lighting was pretty  dim since most of the lights were off. But, i was still able to see his face.

He looked at me with very worried eyes like I was the most fragile thing. I know he wants to know and he deserves an explanation. "When I was young, I had tons of stomach problems and my esophagus was too small, all my food would get stuck and I couldn't swallow them. I had surgery to correct it but from time to time some of my food just gets stuck, I normally just wait it out because they eventually go down, but sometimes, you know, that happens. But it's fine." He was looking at me intently, listening to every word I've said.

I scooted closer to him, he did too and he raised his arm and rested it on top of the couch. "So, I ended up having this ugly scar." I started to unbutton my top, from the bottom upwards. He was pretty still as he observed what I was doing. I looked up at him and saw that his eyes were transfixed to my hands. He then stared into my eyes.