CHAPTER III

"Smiles are the biggest lie ever told by a broken heart. And tears are the truth that will never be told." — *xsterisks (Author)

|| BEGINNING OF CHAPTER THREE ||

Once again, Kit pulls me close for a hug and a train of pain hits me right thought my heart, I cried.

"Calm down na~ Beam." Kit shushed me with consoling words, trying to halt my soft sobbing.

I wish I have confessed when we're still in middle school, before he bumped and met Wayo, before their red strings were connected and before everything becomes a real great mess. But it's too late, regrets was the only thing that is left for me to have. I love Pha. I should have told him before this happened.

"Everything will be okey." Kit muffled, brushing his small hands on my back, drawing small circles to calm my uneven breathing.

It will never be okey.

***

Its been a month since that day.

It wasn't easy, I know it isn't. Seeing Pha smile because of Wayo, being frustrated because of Wayo, having tantrums because of Wayo and he looked so happy because of his Wayo.

And I am still coping to my new routine by now; attending lectures, eating lunch alone, going back to my apartment and crying myself to sleep— in short, running away from Pha and my fate. Kit knows and Pha remains blind.

"Beam..." I flinched because of a  low and deep familiar voice. My knees became weak and a hundred of daggers hits me straight to my heart. I can't breath.

"...Let's grab some snack at the Science Faculty." He calmly says after we finished packing things as our afternoon lecture ended.

'Why can he be so calm. When everything in me is slowly shattering down. Out of my control.'

I accumulated all the courage that I have to face Pha with the same old bright smile I was once possess. I turned to look at him.

His deep brown hazel eyes is still shines a million of long lost stars and it tripled, because of his Wayo. His lips curves a smile today, maybe because of his beloved Wayo. And his voice is still the same but you can notice the excitement that hides because of his ever loving Wayo.

"Sorry Pha, Ai'Kit. I have to met some senior at the Engineering Faculty right now." I manage to reply not struggling with the words.

Pha seems to be displease, maybe he was just bothered that I keep myself busy for a month and not hanging out with then all the time. Maybe, he is just bothered and displease. Nothing less nothing more. Well, we're just friends and that's seems normal.