CHAPTER I

“Destiny is for fools to believe. Because in life, we make our own choice to be written as history.” — *xsterisks (Author)

|| BEGINNING OF CHAPTER ONE ||

A loud ringing from my digital alarm clock roars inside my four walled apartment. Disturbing the quite atmosphere that was once peacefully resides. So I sluggishly guided my pale-lazy hands towards the night stand and grab the insolent stentorian clock, pushed the red off button. Leading the alarm clock to its final judgement.

After the expected death of my Grinch alarm clock the wonderful sereneness inside my room now prevails. I leisurely unclogged my eyes to be greeted by the unsettling white tainted ceiling. I stare intently to it for a minute and let every single myriad disheveled thoughts ravish the chasm of my mind; fear, sadness, happiness, heartbreak and love (?)— circles of known and unknown emotions. After an uncounted minutes of lazing off, I hover my head to my right facing my night stand, checking out the red striking lights reflected by the digital clock laying above; six : twenty-three, it says.

I heave a deep sigh as I walk towards the shower. Together with the warm water drifting down my petite body are those thoughts that runs wild through my mind; about what happened in this past few weeks.

It been already three days since the 'University Moon and Star' Competition. Mingkwan won the title and now dating Kit. Phana and Wayo are now officially in relationship (well... it's with the help of yours truly). And me, Beam, is happily watching my friends 'red strings' glowing deep rosy red and floating freely linked to their destined partner. Kit to Ming and Pha to Yo.

I was about to pick up my phone from my study table when a sudden loud knock startled me from my calm and without haste phase preparing for university.

"Slowpoke! Lift your booty up. We're going to be late for lecture!" And here comes the mother hen's little wild nagging.

Loud and clear, no doubt it is my small yet brutal best friend, Kit.

I adjure my eyes to gaze on my night stand focusing it to the digital clock; seven : forty-eight. I didn't mind the time I minded Kit's unstoppable nagging.

"Yes, yes, yes. Mother hen!" I intended to make  the last statement to be a silent whisper but a hard smack hit me on the back of my head in a sudden.

"Shiya~ Ai'Kit, that really hurts." I cried out loud.

And was not shocked to the fact that he suddenly barged in my apartment, since he have my other apartment key and I have his'.

"You slowpoke is so damn tardy. Next time I will not let you go with me to the campus. You will go alone, and I will not care if you get punished by the Professor." Kit flooded me with his constant and straight nagging.