Chapter 2 The Harsh Truth

Beginne am Anfang

"I know." Goldie shook his head.
"But your memories were locked for a reason."

You wanted to ask what the real reason was, somehow you didn't believe that they were only locked to keep shadow from finding you to begin with. Someone like that seemed ruthless when searching for something.

"Then let me catch you up on everything you've missed these 6 years you've been asleep." Goldie clasped his hands behind his back, beginning to tell you a tale you half expected to read about in a book.

You've been asleep for 6 years. Had it really been that long? As you listened you learned the man who called himself Vincent was actually a man named William Afton. The very person who marked you first to be killed in this on slaughter of innocence.

Hearing that name felt strangely familiar to you. Like once when you were very little, you knew a man like that. But the faint familiarity soon left as Goldie explained his deal with shadow. How very particular the rules were.

That man who stalked the hallways as the golden Bonnie from Fredbear's Family Diner, was killing to bring his daughter back. And despite the fact he broke his deal with the dream demon, the words in which started the ritual could not be unbroken.

When he had stuffed you into the suit you were trapped in now, he had killed you. What little life was left in you shattered by his hands just as was instructed by shadow years ago. Now he defied him, had no interest in working with him again. And yet you learned the gang had no interest in working with him one more either.

It made sense why though. He may not have been the one to really lull them, that had been shadow, but he was still the one who tricked them. The one who let himself be possessed to kill.

Now caught up in what happened to you, Goldie went on to explain the place you were in. Just like Vincent had done. Though this time goldie explained that you were all gathered under one roof, all including someone whom he called the puppet.

He then went on to explain that the puppet was similar to a dream demon, but far from it at the same time. Though you couldn't really wrap your head around that explanation.

"I'm not sure why we're all gathered here," Goldie looked away fiddling loosely with his bow tie, "but it's for a reason."

"W-what about shadow." You scooted closer to goldie in your chair.

"We don't know what's going on with him." Bonnie shrugged.
"We haven't really heard anything about him since you've...you know."

He gestured towards your form now, then looked away seemingly embarrassed with himself.

"However we do know that there is another dream demon here under his command." Freddy sounded unusually venomous as he spoke. You craned your next in an attempt to look at him.

"Who?" You shifted in your chair anxiously. This was a lot to think about.

"He calls himself shade." Foxy answered instead.

"Is that all we know?" You turned to look at foxy now.

"For right now. I've seen him." Chica shuddered as she recalled her encounter.
"Hidden in the shadows, I thought he was Bonnie for a second, but when I went to take a closer look I realized those eyes didn't belong to him."

"I mean, I am more handsome." Bonnie shrugged again with a smirk. Freddy whacked him over the head.
"Ouch!"

You laughed a little at the sight. Bonnie rubbed the back of his head giving Freddy a slightly irritated look, before looking to you smiling satisfied that at least it was enough to make you smile a bit.