"I'm sorry, Eddie." I said, rising to my feet. "I didn't mean for tonight to end up like this." Eddie waved me off and smiled.

"It's no problem, Ella. In fact, tonight was fun. We should do it again, when your cousin is more sober than this." Eddie said, pulling me into a hug. "I should go. Goodnight guys. I'll see you tomorrow, Emmett."

"See you tomorrow." He echoed. Emmett turned towards me as I walked over to the radio. "Ella, what are you doing?" He asked.

"Playing us some music so we can relax." I said, hitting the power button. Ed Sheeran's Lego House came on as soon as the late night host finished his segment on SNL's latest political skit. Emmett smirked and came over to me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist and drawing me closer to him.

"Dance with me, Ms. Beal-Stevens?" He asked. I giggled and nodded my head yes as I drapped my arms over his broad shoulders. Emmett leaned his forehead against mine with a faint smile on his lips.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces,

And build a Lego house
If things go wrong we can knock it down

My three words have two meanings,
There's one thing on my mind
It's all for you

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm
If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now..."

We spun in a slow circle as Ed Sheeran's smooth voice filled the small room. I stared into Emmet's crystal blue eyes, and he stared back into my brown ones. Emmett leaned in and pressed his lips lightly to mine.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of luck

I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

I'm gonna paint you by numbers
And color you in
If things go right we can frame it and put you on a wall..."

I kisse Emmett back, sliding my arms around his shoulders and threading my fingers through his hair. Emmett let out a soft moan as his hands slid down to my bum and pinched the delicate skin down there. I yelped and pulled back enough to punch him in the shoulder.

"What was that for?" I exclaimed as Emmett rubbed m shoulder.

"That hurt, first of all. Secondly, that was for hitting my 'bubble butt' Ella." He said with a smirk. I glowered at Emmett as I moved away from him and into the kitchen. I heard Emmett sigh and follow me into the kitchen. "Ella," He sighed.

"Save it, Emme." I said grumpily. "I was just trying to be cute, ya know. Like you are when you pack my lunch and write those little notes on the post-its. Those really make my day, like the one you wrote today about me eyeing up your backside like a I would a sheet of music." I went over to the sink and filled up a glass of water.

"I'm going to bed. Have fun sleeping on the couch." I mumbled, walking past him. Emmett grabbed m elbow and spun me toward him, sloshing the water slightly. "Please let me go, Emmett." I asked softly.

"Ella, I'm sorry." He said to me. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Good night." I said, gently pulling my arm from his grasp. I walked to the bedroom door and turned around for one last glance at Emmett before slipping into our bedroom.

God, we just had our first fight... over absolutely nothing. But it was still our first fight. I couldn't sleep at all, but I didn't want to go out into the main living area of the apartment to find him sleeping, or worse, not even on the couch. But I knew I'd have to come out of the bedroom sometime. I eventually did at two a.m. because my guilt was eating at me. I found him on the couch, sitting upright and staring at the cream colored wall. I sat beside him, close enough to grab his hand and pull him to me after I apologized for being bitchy.

"Couldn't sleep either?" He asked. I nodded once and looked at my lap.

"Emm, I'm--"

"Shh, Ella. It's partially my fault for the stupid fight." Emmett said, manuvering himself onto the floor and kneeling between my legs. Emmett grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him, and he pressed his face into my stomach.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of luck

I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now

I'm out of touch, I'm out of luck
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I will love you better now..."

Emmett looked up at me after placing soft kisses on my stomach. "I'm sorry, Eleanor. I shouldn't have made a big deal out of nothing." I smiled faintly as I knotted my fingers in his hair.

"I'm sorry too, Emmett. I shouldn't have been so bitchy." I whispered.

"Ella, marry me." He said suddenly. I gasped and looked down at him. Was Emmett serious? We've only been together... five months.

"Emmett.." I murmured, taking a deep breath. "Emmett, we can't. We've only been dating for five months! And I've seen what getting married early does to people! Emma and Dustin, they got a divorce after a year of marriage because they got married too quickly."

"But, sweetie, they're married now, sweetheart." Emmett reminded me.

"I know, but I saw how much it hurt Emma to divorce Dustin, Emmett. I don't want us to end up like that. Even if it was only for a short amount of time. I'd rather wait to get married, if that's alright with you." I whispered. Emmett chuckled and took my hands and brought them to his lips.

"Anything for you, my love."

*

*

*

Everything went back to normal after that week. Emmett and I were happy with no fights, Imogen and her boyfriend moved into the second room, school carried on as usual. It's October now, and Boston looks... picturesque. All the leaves turned orange and yellow and red, the whole city is getting ready for Halloween, the five of us, Imogen and her boyfriend, Emmett, Eddie and me, even went to Salem for a day trip. Life was just dandy... until my worst fears came true.

That day started out badly. I woke up late because I had to finish a term paper. Emmett had already left, and made sure to leave me a mug of tea and my lunch on the counter. I ran to school with my backpack filled to the max. After being five minutes late to my first class, I had a pop quiz in my second class, and a test in my last class of the day. I waited on the curb in a t-shirt for Emmett since I forgot my jacket on the way out of the apartment that morning.

Much to my surprise, Eddie showed up in his cruiser, lights flashing and sounds blazing. I shot up and ran to the passenger side and got in. Eddie took off as soon as I closed the door. Some thing seemed off by the way Eddie was acting. After knowing Eddie for only a few weeks, I figured out his manerisms. The way he was driving told me something bad happened.

"Eddie, where's Emmett?" I asked, autimatically fearing the worst.

"Boston Hospital Emergency room." Eddie replied, turning left.

"What happened, Eddie?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"He got shot, Ella."

*

*

*

*

*

Dun dun DUN!!!!!!

Hello lovelies!

PLOT TWIST!!!

Don't hate me just yet guys!! I have a plan to get myself out of this one! I promise.

So, In The Midst Of War is #444 in Historical Fiction and has 1K reads. TWAMB has 10K reads!! And our lovely right here has 1K reads.

Goodnight,

DoctorWho