Chapter 13

Emmett Larken

I glanced at Ella periodically as I drove us around the city of Boston. She was sound asleep in the passenger seat. She had stayed up late last night packing the last of our things into boxes. In the back of my cab, I had Alana, Shawn and Ebony playing cards. Isaac and Wyatt and Peter were in Ella's truck, Chris, Mackenzie, Mary, Jake, Alice, Anya and Tobias were behind the boys, and McKenzie, William, Mom and Angeline were in front of us. Ella wasn't kidding when she said everyone came to help us move in. William took a turn down an unfamliar street and rolled to a stop in front of a beautiful Victorian style building. The guys in the back opened the door closest to the side walk and filed out. I unbuckled myself, then Ella and watched her for a few moments.

Her face reminded me or a porcelain dolls, all smooth and perfect. Her unmanageable, long, dark hair spilled over her shoulder and his most her face. I reached out and tucked a long lock of her thick hair behind her ear, making my angel stir. Slowly, Ella opened her eyes with a smile, and I smiled back.

"Hmm, morning Emmett." She whispered, taking my hand in hers. I raised our hands up and kissed her knuckles. "We here?"

"Yup." I said, popping the p. "You slept the whole way here."

"Yeah, well, I stayed up till one in the morning packing all our crap in to as little boxes as I could." She mumbled, sitting up straight. I leaned over and kissed her forehead with a chuckle. Ella screwed up her nose and sneezed her little cute morning sneeze. "Is there a Dunkin around here?"

"Do you want me to get you tea?" I asked softly. She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck, pressing her lips softly against mine.

"Can I come with you? We can take Will and McKenzie's car, and Angeline." She whispered. I nodded and pulled back, taking the keys out of the ignition. We got out and walked over to Will and Mrs. Will and Mom, who had gotten out of their car. We told our parents that we were making a Dunkin Donuts run and that we'd take the baby off their hands. Mom told me she saw one a block away. McKenzie strapped Angeline to Ella's chest and we were soon on our way.

Ella and I held hands as we walked to the Dunkin Donuts. People commented on how adorable our baby was. Ella and I couldn't help but snicker at their comments. Angeline may look like Ella, but she had no resemblence to me. We got to the Dunkin store and got the orders then walked back to the apartment. It turned out Mom and McKenzie went grocery shoping while Anya and Mary took all the kids under fifteen to the park. That left Isaac, Shawn, Peter, Alana and Ella's dads to set up the furniature and unload boxes. With the baby still strapped to her chest, Ella went into our bedroom and started with those boxes. I helped Peter, Issac and Will set up the furniture for the living room while Tobias continued to make trips back and forth from the trucks to get the rest of the boxes.

"So, Emmett, how do you plan to support my baby girl?" Will asked casually. I glanced up at him as I screwed the leg of a chair to the base of the chair.

"We passed a Police Station on our way here and I saw a 'FOR HIRE' sign outside of it. I'm going to stop by there tomorrow and fill out an application." I told him, and Will nodded. "Will, you know I love Ella more than anything, and I will protect her no matter what."

Will chuckled with a slight shake of his head. "I've come to learn that from you, Larken. Don't break her heart."

"I don't dream of it, sir." I said, while assembling the rest of the chair. Tobias came back through the apartment for the last time.

"How much did Ella pack?" He asked, plopping the box onto the wood floor.

"A lot, Tobias. She stayed up until one a.m. condensing all the boxes."