Chapter 10

Come To Me- GooGoo Dolls

Dream a Little, Dream of Me- The Mamas and The Papas

*

*

*

*

*

"No, Emmett." I squealed, running from him. "Emmett!" I cried as he caught up with me and slung me over his shoulder.

"Oh, you're gonna get it, sweetheart!" He threatened playfully. I desparetely grasped at his swim trunks but it was futile. He ran to the end of the dock and threw me into the ocean. It's now August and I have three weeks left with my family before I left for college. McKenzie suggested going to our beach house in Rhode Island for a Beal-Stevens family get together before one daughter leaves and another one comes into the world.

"Good one, Larken!" Papa appraised Emmett, making me scowl. Ever since Emmett told me about his past, he and my Papa have become the best of friends. Emmett knew he was treading on dangerous ground if I scowled at the two of them. He immediately stopped laughing and offered me a sheepish smile as I hauled myself onto the dock.

"You better sleep with one eye open tonight, baby." I cooed as I cupped his cheeks softly. The look on his face was rewarding enough. He was terrified of what I could do. I walked over to my full-term step-mom and my mom. McKenzie looked like she's uncomfortable and hot and like she could go into labor now. I leaned down and kissed her cheek, then my mother's and grabbed a towel to dry off. Emmett came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist to draw me against his chest.

"You hungry sweetheart?" He asked sweetly. I smirked and turned around in his arms, deciding to play a wild card.

"Mmm, yeah. I am, baby." I whispered seductively, running my hands down his bare chest. I heard his breath hitch and I resisted the urge to smirk. "I'm hungry for..." I trailed, raising myself onto my tip-toes so my mouth hovered over his and whispered,

"A cheesburger." I heard mom and McKenzie burst out laughing and I joined them as a full blush crept onto Emmett's face. He mumbled that he'd ask dad to make me one and left.

"You definately got that from your father." McKenzie said,rubbing her stomach. I smiled and sat next to them as I brushed my bangs out of my face.

"I probably did. That was payback for throwing me in the water." I mumbled. Mom smirked and kissed my temple before handing me a Dr. Pepper and I sipped it. Emmett came back minutes later with my cheeseburger and ketchup. I smiled and stood so he could sit behind me on the chair.

"Thank you, Emmett." I said before devouring my burger. I heard him chuckle and he wrapped his arms around me waist to anchor me to him. I smiled and leaned into him as I finished my burger and licked my lips.

"Are you really going to get back me back for dumoing you in the pool?" He whispered into my ear. I nodded and he groaned. "Ella, please baby. Take pitty on your handsome boyfriend." He begged.

"Emmett, didn't Shawn warn you about doing this? He waited a whole week for me to get back at him. He didn't sleep for several nights. But I may take pitty on you and not wait a week. Just because you're cute." I said, leaning back and kissing his jaw. He sighed and closed his eyes in defeat. I reached under the chair and grabbed the fully loaded watergut and sprayed Emmett. His eyes opened wide and he scooped me up and bolted for the water. I gripped his neck as he neared the end of the dock.

"Emmett!" I screamed as he jumped into the water. I swam to the top and glared at him as he came up laughing. "Jerk." I mumbled, swimming towards the dock. Emmett grabbed my ankle and pulled me back to him. His arms snaked around my waist and he kissed my lips softly, and I kissed him back. I was afraid to pull away from him because everytime I did, I felt like I was coming out of a dream. Emmett's my everything. And this isn't summer love talking, this is something else. Emmett pulled away and pushed back the few strands of wet hair from my face.