| 9 |

💃🏽 Kayla 💃🏽

"We need to talk", my dad said glaring at Romero.

"U-uum okay"

"I'll be right back", he whispered to me.

"Okay", I blushed, taking a seat.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

🐯 Romero 🐯

I stepped in one of my parents conference room to talk to Kayla's dad. I took a seat across from him.

He smirked.

"Don't be scared now, boy"

"I'm not scared", I said but my face said otherwise.

"We're just two men talking"

"Yeah-"

"So what's your purpose with my daughter?", he stated, cutting me off.

"To be her everything, someone she can always count on, to be the reason why she smiles everyday, to show her love and affection, my purpose with your daughter, is to have a serious relationship with her, to hopefully one day have your blessings to marry her-", I started.

"-And have the most beautiful grandchildren you've ever seen", he said, with a straight face.

"Listen here kid, life isn't some fairy tale, don't play with my daughter's heart if you have no intentions for anything serious with her", he said, standing up, walking to me.

"Oh..but I do", I said, determinedly.

He smirked.

"Good, because I'd hate for things to turn ugly", he said, pulling out a pistol.

"Y-yyeah me too", I said tensing up.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

💃🏽 Kayla 💃🏽

I wonder what my dad is saying to Romero...just then Romero's mom walks in the room, smiling as she takes a seat next to me.

"Kayla"

"Yes, Mrs. Salvadore"

"Oh please, call me mom, or Zoe, whatever you feel comfortable with"

"Umm okay mom", I said looking down.

"You know your the first girl he's ever brought home"

I gasped.

"Really?" But he's so fine I'd expect at least a dozen girls he's had over.

"Yes, it's true, he's not really open when it comes to people, so when he said he's inviting you and your parents over I was ecstatic"

"I find that hard to believe, he looks at ease when he's with Jordan..not that I would know or anything"

"Yeah, but looks can be deceiving, he only hangs around him because he trusts him, he has a "small circle", or whatever he likes to calls it"