6. Like Never Before

Start from the beginning

In a stranger's arms, I might just point out. I mean, is it because of what I have witnessed earlier? Is it because of Matthew and what he has done? Is this some sort of punishment, me wanting the touch of another man, even in ways I never wanted Matthew to touch me? Am I somehow trying to get back at him?

Because even with Matthew it was never like that. I never sought his touch or wanted his hands on me that badly. And when he did, I just went with it. I did love it of course, every hug, every kiss, every touch, all of it. I really loved it, but I never asked for it. I don't know why.

But this is different. He is different. His hands on me feel different. It feels like a shot of electricity runs through my whole body, burning where our skin meet. That sounds stupid, I know.

But you know what else surprises me? That I feel good about staying here. I have never spent the night out of Matthew's or Melinda's houses in years. But here, now? No matter how weird this sounds, somehow I feel like I don't want to be anywhere else. I don't want to go anywhere else. I like it here. Not the condo, or even the amazing view I got a glimpse of when we first got in, but here with him in general.

I don't know why, but it feels like I'm where I'm supposed to be. God, what has gotten into me? I sound crazy.

Taking a deep calming breath, I walked out of the bedroom to the living room.

Did I mention that he's incredibly handsome? He looks like a Greek god. He's really strong and tall, and quite breathtaking. Also, I wasn't kidding when I said that he is twice my size. I feel like a little girl next to him, yet in the most wonderful way possible. I don't even feel slightly scared or intimidated.

"Your mother was right, you do trust people way too easily," something reminded me.

"The cake will be here in fifteen. Anything else?" He smirked at me and my heart skipped a beat.

God.

"No. Thank you very much. You don't know how much I need chocolate." I sat on the couch, trying not to show him how much he affected me. He walked and sat in front of me on the table. His knees touched both mine, and I thanked God that he couldn't hear how loudly my heart was beating.

No one has ever had that much effect on me with just a simple unintentional touch. What is he doing to me? And why do I feel like crossing my legs?

He had a gentle yet serious look on his face, which told me what he was about to ask.

"So, do you feel like talking about it yet?" His eyes softened and I swore I felt like he would hug me if I gave him the chance.

And boy, I wanted to.

He blinked and ran a hand through his dark black hair as he waited for me to give him an answer.

His eyes are so mesmerizing; I feel like I could get lost in them forever. They're crystal blue, so light yet so incredibly deep.

Fot a moment I considered telling him everything, but then I shook my head. "No, I don't want to talk about it." I smiled weakly, hoping that he would understand.

I really don't want to talk about it. Not now. I don't want him to see how naive and gullible I actually happen to be. I have never even doubted either of them. Not once have I thought that one of them would ever do this to me. Pretty clueless, I was.

"Alright, not now then, but you will tell me." He insisted and I nodded slowly, with a little too active butterfly in my stomach.

I will tell him. He brought me to his place and gave me his bedroom to sleep in without hesitation. The least I can do is tell him my story. I honestly don't know what I would have done hadn't he shown up out of the blue.

We heard a knock on the door and I jumped up at the sudden sound.

"Hey, it's okay. It's just the cake." He put his hand on my shoulder. He went to open the door and I followed. There was a man standing with a big smile on his face, but with no cake.

"Where's the cake?" I frowned at him.

"What?" He asked and looked between us.

"The cake. You were supposed to bring the cake?" I said with a 'duh' tone of voice.

"What cake? Dean?" He asked as he entered the house and shut the door behind him.

Dean. His name is Dean. Why does that sound extremely good to me?

"Uh, nothing. What are you doing here, Jake?" He ran a hand through his hair again, a gesture I was quickly becoming so fond of.

It shows the muscles in his arms, flexing with every movement. It makes me want to reach out and touch his hair, feel it in my hands. God, when did I turn into such a pervert?

"Oh, I got locked out of my apartment, man. Can I spend the night here?" The man I forgot his name pleaded.

"Uhh..." Dean looked at me then back at him.

"Of course you can." I jumped in with a stupid grin.

It's not even my place, but this is actually good. Now things will be easier and not so awkward between us. We won't be staying alone in the same apartment anymore. I might actually be able to sleep and stop thinking about his hands on me or his chest against mine or me touching his hair, God knows why. This is a relief.

"Dean?" Jake looked at Dean with a questioning look.

"She says you can," he looked at me with amusement and a sexy smile on his lips, "then you can."

Whoa. My heart just stopped. It stoppe-- no, it's still working. Good.

"Thanks." Jake smiled at me and walked past us to the couch. We exchanged a look before following him, and I could see the relief in his eyes too.

Maybe he too was nervous about spending the night alone with me. This is going to be a long night, I can tell. Excitingly so. Whatever is left of it at least.

-----------

Sooooo?? What do you think, guys?

The chapters are a little short, I know. But I promise I'll try to make them longer.

Please vote if you like it and comment to let me know what you think of the characters and their chemistry.