9- Secret Admirer

Start from the beginning

While the empress is poetic , the emperor is a great artist. He draws beautiful paintings even since he was just a child. If he has spare time he would paint. And it is not a new thing for Bai Lu.

"Here, store it at my painting chamber." The emperor handed Bai Lu a wet scroll. He has to get ready and greet the princes.

Bai Lu knows that the emperor is a great painter, or should he say a face painter.

In the emperor's study, there's a 'Secret Room" to store all of the emperor paintings. It is located behind the book shelf. Only the emperor and Bai Lu knows this place.

Since the painting is still wet, Bai Lu waited for a while. He sees a beautiful face painted there, the empress. Bai Lu smiles at his master, the emperor is just too cute.

As the painting getting dry Bai Lu opens the secret door and bring the painting in. He tries to find a spot to put this painting. When he finally find the perfect place,

"Fatheeer!"

"Where is father?"

"Tu-er, do you see that door?" Jiang-er points at the secret door.

"It looks so mysterious! We should go in!"

"Okay, but we need to be quiet. Let's go!"

They walk like a ninja to the secret chamber. Slowly and unnoticeable. When they see the paintings they wooah. The chamber is huge and so many paintings! They sneak around because Bai Lu is still there. But they couldn't hide their amusement.

"Bai Lu, do you see Jiang-er and Tu-er?"

"No, your majesty. This servant is still trying to store this painting."

"This emperor could not find them, where supposedly are they?" At this moment, Tu-er who ride on his brother fell down.

"Ouch!"

"Tu-er, Jiang-er! What are you doing here?" The emperor asks

"Emmm.. w-we are-"

"Father, are you the one who paint all of this?" Jiang-er couldn't hide his excitement, even if this is not the right timing.

"..."

"Yes, your majesty is the one who painted all of them." Bai Lu answers for the emperor. He peeks at the emperor's face finding reaction.

The emperor is so embarrassed. If he could find a hole, he would runs there and hides. How do his children found this place?

His painting chamber is a super secret. He stores the empress's paintings there. He loves drawing, but since he meet the empress. She is the only thing he wants to draw.

So many empress paintings in different occasions and clothes fills the chamber. The newest one is from her birthday, the one that Bai Lu wanted to store. And the oldest one is from twelve years ago, when the first time he met her.

The emperor has been drawing her for ages! You can see the empress's childhood, teenage years and even adult days here. But she doesn't know this existed. The emperor only ever gave her two of his paintings.

"Father, is this mother when she became empress?" Tu-er points the empress in grand ceremonial clothing.

"Tu-er look! This must be mother! She is dancing in a black hanfu!"

"This is the prettiest! Mother is smiling widely!"

"Eh? Look at this! Mother is pregnant in this painting.." They both are so excited to see the paintings.

"Father is really a good painter!" Tu-er compliments.

The emperor gets shy. He feels like he's been caught by his children. His life as a secret admirer may be over soon. The emperor face-palms himself in his brain.

"Wait, father, who is this?" Jiang-er points at a small girl holding a pot of water lotus. Maybe just about his age.

It's your mother. Ten years ago.

"Let's get out of here." The emperor stated.

"Waiiit, Tu-ee wants to see more.."

"No."

The emperor doesn't know what to do now, he just sits uncomfortably .

"Ehm!" He clears his throats, "Don't tell your mother okay?" The emperor says awkwardly.

"Why? Mother must love it!"

"Yes, mother will be so happy!"

"Just, don't ." He says, seeing his children don't agree, he continues "Father will give you anything that you want, just don't tell your mother."

"Really?"

"Yes." The emperor exhales sigh of relief.

From the distance, Bai Lu laughs at his master. The emperor must hide his feelings for the empress!

The emperor once told Bai Lu,

"Bai Lu, when a guy truly loves his woman, she will be his weakness. But being The Great Zhang Emperor's weakness is too dangerous. Bai Lu, I need to protect my woman and this is the only way."

See you next week, make sure to vote comment and share ❤️