Chapter Thirty-Three

"Last night, the police made headway on the Styles case, arresting 18 year old Zayn Malik in the attempted murder of 18 year old Harry Styles, which happened March 12, of this year. However, Styles was not a casualty of this tragedy. Instead, it was the death of Victor Jonas, age 17, who'd died around 8AM yesterday, that Deputy Clyde, the officer in charge of the case, said pointed towards Malik. According to a witness, who'd prefer to have their identity kept a secret, Malik was seen harassing Jonas shortly before the doctor declared what his time of death was. That, and the note found next to Jonas's body 'He knew too much' was written in Malik's crisp handwriting. How the police know--"

The TV went click, and Niall told Liam "You shouldn't be watching this crap, mate. We know Zayn is innocent. We'll get proof that he is. But, until then, you don't need to watch this."

Liam turned to look at Niall, his brown eyes looking haunted. "I'm not sure. They said Victor died 8AM, and you know Zayn didn't show up until 9AM to take me out for the day. How do we know that he didn't swing by to murder Victor?"

"Don't think like that," Harry said, shocking Niall. He looked behind him to see his boyfriend leaning against the wall. Harry walked forward, and clasped his hand on Liam's shoulder. "If you start thinking like that, you're going to believe it. We'll prove he's innocent."

Niall felt terrible for Liam. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to have your boyfriend accused of murder, to have them thrown in jail, with no prospect of visitors. He knew he'd be falling apart at the seams if that had been Harry. He'd probably be locked up in his and Harry's room, smelling everything of Harry's, trying to keep that scent in, in case he never got to see Harry again. Or maybe, he'd stay away, afraid that anything that reminded of him would make him go ballistic.

So, maybe he didn't quite understand what his best friend was going through, but he was going to just stand around and watch him go through it.

"You can't just think that he did it. If Zayn were to know that his own boyfriend thought he was guilty, how do you think he would feel? He'd feel devastated."

"What am I supposed to think?" Liam roared, seemingly upset. "There's no fucking evidence that he didn't do, and according to the fucking news, there's plenty of fucking evidence supporting him killing Victor!"

"Harry," Niall whispered, walking over to his boyfriend, feeling nervous, "I've never heard him use such language." He held close onto his boyfriend, who planted a kiss on his hair. "Can't you calm him down?"

"Liam, mate, I don't know if it was Zayn or not who killed Victor, but I believe it wasn't him. And I don't know if it was him who attempted to kil me, but I'm believing it wasn't. We don't know for sure, but we have to believe, otherwise what's the point?"

"Can't you remember anything?" Liam asked, shouting even louder than before. "Can't you fucking remember something like the hair color, or the body shape or anything about the person who fucking tried killing you? Are you fucking telling me that you have gotten no fucking memory of that night still?"

"Calm down," Niall shouted. "Don't blame Harry. It's not his fault he can't remember it. It's not his fault his mind is blocking out the worst night of his fucking life!" Tears started streaming down his face, and he burried himself into Harry's chest, getting upset with his best friend. He couldn't believe that Liam was blaming Harry, couldn't believe that he was yelling at Harry.

"I told you, I don't remember anything about that night from the moment I stepped onto Niall's street. I'm gonna let you calm down, Li. We can talk more later on. I'm just tired, I don't know about you two, but I barely slept last night after what went down. I'm gonna go take a nap."

"I'll come with you," Niall whispered. He hadn't gotten much sleep either.

And he almost expected to hear Zayn saying, "Nasty much?" and smirking. But then he remembered Zayn was in jail for a crime that he didn't, that he could not have, committed. Well, he knew it, he just wasn't used to it. And hopefully he wouldn't have to get used to it.

He followed Harry up the stairs and they lied in their bed together. Harry had his shirt off, and was sleeping in his boxers as per usual. And Niall was snuggling into into Harry's chest.

But, he couldn't sleep, and it wasn't really his fault. Every few minutes, just as Niall was getting comfortable, Harry would toss and turn in his sleep. Just as Niall finally got comfortable without usiing his boyfriend as a pillow, Harry sat up quickly.

"What's the matter, Harry?" Niall asked nervously.

"I know who tried killing me," Harry's answer was sudden, and almost automatic, like he was a robot programmed to say it. There was no feeling there, it was monotone. But, when Niall caught a glimpse of his face in the afternoon sun, he noticed the fear etched on his face, and he was suddenly frightened by what Harry's answer to the question Niall had to ask was.

"Who was it?"

It's been forever since I updated huh? Sorry...anyways, next chapter is gonna be long...why? Because, it's the LAST ONE. And there's gonna be a lot of stuff happening. It's gonna be a doozy...but it's technically not the LAST chapter because I have the epilogue too, but that's just a wrap up :D. But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

WHO DO YOU THINK HARRY IS GONNA SAY TRIED KILLING HIM?

Dedication to the boy who freaking made this insightful as FUCK comment on the last chapter...GO READ IT! GO READ IT! GO READ IT!

But, yeah. Next chapter, we get to find out who attempted to kill Harry, the Victor muderer...and more! (Maybe not...)

I'm a little sad this book is almost done with...but to be honest, it's drug out a bit too long...oh well :D I LOVE YOU ALL! (Or do I?) HAHAHA!

OHHH! THANK YOU GUYS FOR OVER 60K READS ON THIS BOOK! IT MAKES ME FUCKING SMILE WHEN I SEE THIS THINGS READS GO UP AND UP AND UP AND UP EVERY FUCKING DAY! AND ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ME TO SMILE THESE DAYS SO THANK YOU!

That's a long author's note...I'll leave y'all now to hate me for leaving you off on such a major cliffhanger ;)