Chapter Twenty-Four

Hello :) So, this chapter is dedicated to someone who has been with me since the very beginning. He hasn't commented on here, or voted because he's a butthead, but he's given me feedback on every single chapter :) And he's let me borrow his name for my favorite original character I've ever created. I love you Vic oh so much. And enjoy this chapter.

It was Saturday night, Niall’s and Harry’s first date, and Niall was getting ready. He had gone back to his mum’s house, because he figured it would be nicer if Harry picked him up. Of course, seeing how they were just going to a restaurant not far, and it was such a nice day, they would simply be walking to the restaurant.

Niall finished getting ready, wearing a checkered light blue shirt, and dark pants. He had his hear slicked back, and he looked rather dashing, or as he thought so. It was only six, and Harry wasn’t due for another hour, so he settled down to wait.

However, he quickly grew bored with waiting, after only a couple minutes. He didn’t like waiting, it made him rather agitated. He decided to head up to his room, and to see if it needed any major cleaning.

It wasn’t too surprising it didn’t need to be cleaned, because he hadn’t been home for a while, however though he saw the collage of pictures on the wall. He stared at the seemingly happy pictures of him and Louis, and wondered just how Lou could’ve hurt him so much. He was thrown back into time, back to that day.

Louis’s words from that night haunted him.

“You are a pathetic excuse for a boyfriend.”

 “You are a filthy, little lying son of a bitch.”

He was staring at the pictures of Louis looking so happy, yet all he could imagine was the rage, the anger in Lou’s eyes as he’d hit, punched, and kicked Niall to bits. And it scared him so much.

He could feel the tears swelling up, but he tried to choke them back. He couldn’t cry, not tonight. Not when it was his and Harry’s date. Instead, he started ripping all the pictures of him and Louis off the wall. However, as he did with his and Zayn’s picture, he kept one up. This one had been shortly after they’d started dating.

Johannah had taken the picture in Louis’s basement bedroom, because both boys were busy fighting over the controller for the gaming system. They had been seriously fighting over the controller, until Johannah had walked down, and took Louis’s camera from his entertainment center, and said, “Cheers.” And then the two boys had looked at her, and smiled.

That had been probably the happiest moment from their doomed relationship. It had always been when they were playing video games when they were both at their happiest.

Niall wished that he’d never agreed to go on that date with Louis. Then, they could’ve stayed friends, and none of this would be happening. His tears started to come faster as he ran out of the room, leaving all the torn pictures on his bed. He’d fix it later anyways, but he had to get away from all the memories before he exploded.

As he ran downstairs, he almost ran over his mum.

“Niall,” she said, sounding startled. “I didn’t realize you were here.”

“Yeah,” Niall murmured. “I’m just here for a couple days, maybe.”

“Are you crying?” Niall’s mum asked, looking worried.

“Why do people hate me?” Niall whispered. “Lou and I didn’t work out, and now it seems as though Victor doesn’t like me, and Harry won’t tell me why.” He was just so devastated. All those pictures made him so confused. Why had he even gone to his room in the first place?

“Sweetie,” she said, hugging her son, “it’ll be okay. Just because you and Lou didn’t work out, and because Victor doesn’t like you, doesn’t mean everyone hates you. You still have Harry, Liam, and Zayn, don’t you? Why don’t you ask Harry why Victor doesn’t seem to like you. You guys are going out now, you shouldn’t be keeping secrets from each other.”

Niall let out a sigh, resolving to listen to his mum. She was pretty smart anyways.

“Thanks mum,” he whispered. Then, remembering his date with Harry, he pulled away, looking at his watch quickly. It was only 6:45. That gave Harry fifteen minutes to get there before being late. Niall let out a sigh. That meant fifteen minutes of waiting for Harry to show up. Fifteen minutes of pure torture.

e had nothing to do now. He settled with pacing around the kitchen for fifteen minutes, anxiously waiting for Harry to show up. The thing was that he never did. There was no one knocking at the door, and soon seven had come and gone. At seven thirty, Niall was becoming extremely worried. It wasn’t like Harry to be this late. Where could he be?

At seven forty-five, Niall was just about to claim it as a no-show when he heard a large bang coming from outside. He knew what that sound was, it had been a gun. And that meant someone, or something had been shot. He just hoped it wasn’t who he thought it was.

There :) Update. Hey, I made another picture ---> I’m gonna be making one for the six main characters. And I'm going with the title Returning Challenges, just because I can for the sequel.

Okay, so this chapter left you in suspense, huh? This proves the end is near. We might not get to thirty. We might get to twenty-nine, plus an epilogue. Anyways, get ready, because everything has led up to this one point, and NOTHING in this book is going to compare to the next few chapters. Good luck with reading.

Please vote and comment about what you guys think about the chapter, and just bear with me until the very end.