Chapter Twenty-Five

Hi guys. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Dedication because it's fun talking to him, and because there hasn't been a chapter he hasn't read that he hasn't voted and commented on :) He's a little further behind, but he deserves this dedication no matter where he is in the book. :)

Niall tore out of the house, and looked around. He saw some people walking around the corner, and he had a bad feeling, so he ran down past them. There was a medium size crowd, of about ten or so people, standing around in a circle. Niall fought through the crowd, until coming up by an unmoving body.

They had curly hair, all tangled, and they were wearing a simple black tee with dark blue jeans. And Niall knew him: it was Harry Styles, the boy he was supposed to be going on a date with.

He could feel the world crumbling, because he couldn’t believe this. Harry had been shot. He could see the gunshot-wound right there, just barely missing his heart. Whoever had shot him had aimed to kill, yet they had obviously failed, or at least Niall hoped.

He looked up at the crowd of people, enraged.

“Did any of you bother calling the paramedics?” he snarled. Because if they had, shouldn’t they have been there by now? Harry needed help, and all these people were doing were standing around.

“I did, kid,” a man said. “They said they’d be right on their way.”

Niall took a double take at the man, surprised. He hadn’t expected anyone to have actually called. However, there was one person who needed to know that Harry had been shot.

Niall took out his cell phone, and punched in the preprogrammed speed dial number three.

“Liam,” he breathed, “you need to come down. I’m a block away from my house.”

“What happened? Did Harry show up or not?” Liam asked.

“Oh he’s here alright,” Niall replied. “Liam, he’s been shot, right below the heart.”

“What?” Liam sounded shocked. “Crap. Niall, Zayn and I are on our ways as I speak. We should be there in a few moments.”

Niall heard the phone go click, and he hung up. Sliding the phone back into his pocket, he turned to Harry. “Harry,” he whispered to the boy who was shallowly breathing, “Harry, if you can hear me, let me know.”

t wasn’t as though Harry’s eyes were shut, but they were glazed over. They looked as though they should be on a dead person, but he couldn’t be dead. He just couldn’t. Harry couldn’t die or else Niall would lose all hope in everything he’d ever believed in. How could fate be so rude to take away the one person who had brought him out of his shell.

Niall couldn’t believe it when he heard, “Niall.” It was soft, and it came out like a moan, but it was definitely coming from Harry. Niall was so relieved. Harry wasn’t dead, yet. But he could very well be from all the blood loss, unless those damn paramedics got there soon.

“Harry,” Niall whispered. “It’ll be okay. You’re going to make it, even if it’s the last thing I do. I promise you, I'm not going to let you die.” The tears spilled out at that point.

Harry couldn’t die, or else Niall’s life would just simply stop. If there was no Harry, Niall just didn’t want to live. They hadn’t even been going out a week, and yet Niall felt so sure about their relationship, something he’d never felt with Louis.

Louis…Niall’s anger boiled at this point. He was sure it was Louis who had done this. The kid was absolutely fucking crazy, and Niall wouldn’t put anything past him. He could see Louis shooting Harry in hopes of killing him, thinking that Niall might get back together with him.

Niall heard a vehicle, and he looked up to see Liam and Zayn scrambling out of Zayn’s car.  They both fought through the crowd that had amplified to at least fifty, if not more. When they got up by Niall and Harry, Liam let out a sigh.

“It doesn’t look as though the bullet pierced him through any vital organs,” Liam said, going into full doctor mode while checking him out. “And it doesn’t seem as though he’s lost a lot of blood, but we still need to get him to the hospital.”

“The one guy said he called the paramedics,” Niall said.

“What we need,” Zayn supplied, “is to figure out who the fuck did this.”

“It was Louis, I’m pretty sure,” Niall replied.

“Did you see it?” Liam asked.

“No, but think about it. He probably did it in hopes of getting back together with me. You saw what he did to me, that kid has no morals, and he’s fucking crazy.”

Zayn let out a small grimace. “He’s got a point,” he told Liam. “I’ve been best friends with Louis for a while now, and he switches his mood fast. I think the kid’s bipolar. One minute, he was angry, and the next calm.”

Liam sighed. “We can’t be sure. It could’ve been someone committing a crime, and shooting him because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. We don’t have proof.”

“We have motive, which is enough to make him a suspect,” Niall pointed out.

“Yeah,” Zayn said, backing up Niall. Niall smiled at him.

“Guys, I hear the paramedics,” Liam pointed out. Niall listened for a second, hearing them too. “And it’s a good thing as well,” Liam said, from his position still by Harry, still monitoring his condition, “because Harry’s heart just stopped beating.”

Yet another cliffy. Haha. What did you think of this chapter? Do you think Harry’s dead? Or is he going to be okay? I wonder… Over there -------> is another picture thingy I made. I hope you enjoyed this messed up chapter :) And don't be sad to admit you cried. I CRIED WHILE WRIITNG IT! Don't let me be alone in that.

The end is literally getting nearer. I figure three more chapters. And then an epilogue.