Chapter Thirty-One

Two weeks pass quickly when you are waiting for graduation, and when you were pretty certain that the cops were about to arrest an innocent person for the attempted-murder of your boyfriend. And it wasn't like Niall could just talk about this with someone, because who would even understand? He couldn't think of anyone going through a similar situation, except, of course, Liam and Zayn.

Niall grimaced as he remembered Liam's reaction when Zayn and Niall had explained what Deputy Clyde had accused them of. The boy's eyes filled with tears, and he'd been so horrified that anyone could think he'd tried to kill his cousin. It had taken about two hours for Zayn and Niall to convince Liam that neither of them believed he'd ever harm a fly. And, while it took a bit, they were finally able to convince him of it.

Once they'd graduated from school however, the three boys threw their everything into finding some proof that Louis had shot Harry. Because, even Liam agreed now that he was the most likely to do it. Either him, or Victor, but Liam was hesitant to believe that the son of such an acclaimed doctor would dare commit such an act.

Harry knew nothing of their plans, because they were going to surprise the boy. It was rather hard for Niall to keep such a major thing from his boyfriend, but he knew that it was important for him to at least try.

One day, Niall and Harry were lounging around the house, while Zayn and Liam had gone out for dinner. Harry had wanted to join them but Niall opted for staying in and just spending done alone time, something it seemed line they never got anymore.

"Niall?" Harry asked warily while they were lounging on the couch, Niall's head nestled between Harry's curls and his shoulder.

Niall looked up at his boyfriend in curiosity, and asked, "Yeah?"

"You'd tell me if anything was happening, wouldn't you?"

Harry's question confused Niall so the blonde boy sat up quick, and stared directly into Harry's green eyes. "What do you mean, Haz?" he asked.

"Don't act as though you, Liam, and Zayn aren't keeping something from me. I'm not as stupid as you guys take me for. I can see you guys whispering when I'm out of the room and then you just suddenly stop when I enter. But I know you, Niall. I know you'd never keep something important from me, would you?"

Niall had to think on that for a few moments. Harry was insinuating that they were keeping something large from him. But was it really that bad? They were, after all, only trying to surprise Harry by finding his attempted murderer. Niall guessed some would consider that as 'something large' but couldn't one liken what the three boys were doing for Harry to throwing a surprise birthday party for a friend?

"Yeah, of course I'd tell you," Niall said. smiling, and meaning every word. it was just that he didn't find this to be 'something large' and also, if he squealed to Harry, Zayn and Liam were likely to get mad at them.

"Well, if it's nothing major, then can you tell me what it is?"

Niall recognized Harry's impish grin, the same grin that Harry knew Niall found almost impossible to resist. He didn't quite understand why, but whenever Harry smiled at him like that, he just had such a hard time resisting him.

So, Niall decided to tell Harry half the story. He quickly told the tale of him and Zayn going to Deputy Clyde, though he skirted around why, and of the Deputy's harsh accusations of one of Harry's three closest friends being the attempted murderer.

"What?" Harry asked in outrage. "How could anyone think that you guys would try killing me? That is complete and udder bullshit! I should go down to that station and beat the living shit out of that fucking, moronic bastard!"

Niall knew he had to calm Harry down, but the truth was that he was a little afraid is his boyfriend right now. He'd never heard him use such profane language, not even when Niall had came to him for refuge after getting beaten by Louis. And this Harry was scaring him almost as bad as that Louis had.

"Harry," Niall whispered, so low that he wasn't sure if the boy would hear him.

However, either Harry heard or he'd noticed Niall's frightened expression, because the next thing Niall knew, Harry was sitting next to him again, cuddling into hom, and just trying to comfort him.

"It's okay Ni," he whispered softly, stroking Niall's cheek. "I shouldn't of said that. I'm terribly sorry. Can you forgive me?"

Niall, however, could barely grasp what Harry was saying. It was as though someone had shoved his ears full of wax, because all that Niall heard was soft noise, and he had to strain to understand. He was shaking as well and had unconsciously brought his knees up, and was rocking back and forth like that.

"Niall, sweetie, please," Harry begged.

What made Niall turn, just slightly, was Harry's choking voice, as though he was about to start crying.

"Harry?" he asked, his voice shaking terribly. When Harry looked at him, Niall took a shaky breath and said, "I'M not mad at you. I'm scared, yeah, but not mad."

Harry squeezed Niall tight, bringing the blonde boy even closer to him and whispered, "You don't have to be frightened, Ni. Not of me, or anyone okay?" He sighed once Niall nodded his head.

There you guys go. This chapter kinda went all over the place and I'm sorry about it. So this is a pretty unique chapter...know why? Because I typed over half of it up on my IPHONE! This will most likely be how I update now...just to let ya know.

Anyways what do you guys think Liam and Zayn are going to do once they find out what Niall told Harry?

And once again, I apologize if this sucks...love y'all
-Blake