The Art of Courting- Chapter Fourteen

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't uploaded! I've been really busy with homework and I've kind of been neglecting you... Oh well. Get over it :P 

Guess what? Tomorrow's my birthday! I'm officially going to be fifteen! So excited!!

Song on the side is really cool. Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. It's the song of the chapter >>

No editing done. I don't think I've even read through it, to be honest... Too busy watching The Voice :P

Anyways, love you guys!

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on a limb

And all I remember is thinking

I want to be like them

Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun

And it’s no coincidence I’ve come

And I can die when I’m done

Maybe I’m crazy

Maybe you’re crazy

Maybe we’re crazy

Probably- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley

“WOW!” SADIE SQUEAKED AS THEY pulled up in front of the resort. It was a beautiful, modern white building with a glass window showing the reception.

“Yeah, wow,” Chelsea agreed. She was a little depressed because she was away from Jay, which she knew was completely ridiculous but she couldn’t help it.

What the hell is wrong with me? she wondered again.

“Okay team,” their dad said as one of the staff drove their car away, “it’s time. I’m going to go get our room key, Sadie you go check out the food, Will you have a look at the pools and Allie can check the pampering area. Chelsea… you go have a look at the bar.”

It was typical of her father to send the underage one to check out the bar. At least he didn’t send Sadie.

“Ay, captain,” Will replied and the youngest O’Hara followed suit. They both headed off in the direction of their assigned place with Alison following closely beside them. She’d fit in with their family pretty easily and her dad didn’t mind taking in a ward. Soon enough Allie would pay them fifty bucks a week (pretty cheap) to stay, once she gets a job and everything. Chelsea was looking forward to the extra money. She didn’t like mooching off of her rich boyfriend.

“Dad,” she said uneasily. “I don’t even know if I’m allowed into the bar.”

“Use the fake I.D. Will got you for your birthday,” her father suggested as he waited in the line to the front desk. It was really busy.

“How do you know about that?”

“I know everything, sweetheart. Now, off you go!” He waved her away and turned forward dismissively. She walked away, resisting the urge to pout.

The bar wasn’t anything special; it looked like any other haven for booze-addicted idiots. The carpet was red and the walls were a yellowy cream, littered with posters of topless women. There were booths and tables to her right and the long bar to her left. The amount of alcohol behind it was staggering. Chelsea wouldn’t be surprised if you got drunk by just inhaling some of them.