The Art of Courting- Chapter Three

Pic on the side is of Jay's bedroom >>>>>>>>>>

Video on the side is of the song of this chapter, Lying by Amy Meredith >>>>>>>>>>

This chapter is dedicated to justgrace, who is an ah-may-zing writer who I am sure most of ou have heard of. She's written so many good books that I can't name them all! Check her out guys! Seriously!!!

CHAPTER THREE

I know you're lying to me,
'Cause your palms start to sweat,
And your knees are getting heavy.
Eyes closed,
You're lying to me

When your heart starts to race,
And your feet are getting ready.
Your fumbling for the phone on the wall,
There's nobody left to call,
'Cause there's no one out there
- Lying, Amy Meredith

THE NEXT MONDAY WAS AWKWARD. Dani was getting comments thrown at her all day and May forced Chelsea to stay at her side twenty four/seven. So now she was getting comments too.

“Hey! Hey nerd! Can you give me the number of your frisky little friend? I have a craving for rabbits!” some guy shouted loudly as she walked down the hall. Sick of being nice, Chelsea flipped him the bird and kept walking.

“Wow there Chess, I didn't know you could be so feisty,” Will laughed as he caught up to her. Turning around, Chelsea looked her brother up and down. Well, at least he was clean for once.

“Stop calling me that. What is it with people and having their own special nicknames for me? Is Chelsea seriously that had to pronounce?” she ranted to him. He just looked at her like she was crazy. “Forget about it.”

“So, my eighteenth birthday is coming up soon,” he brought up.

“And?”

“And I want you to come with me to get a tattoo.”

“I don't want a tattoo!"

“Not for you, stupid,” Will snorted. Chelsea rolled her eyes at him. “I want a skull on my chest.”

“Dad will never let you get it.”

"That's why you're coming with me, not him.”

They stared at each other until Chelsea sighed and caved. “Fine. We'll go.”

“Yes!” Will fist-pumped the air before heading back the way they'd come.

“Boys," she muttered as she reached her locker. “Why can't we be like snails?”

“Why would we want to be like snails?” Dani asked from beside her, making Chelsea jump.

“Don't worry. Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” the blonde sighed. “Most of the insults have died down.”

“Good. On the bright side, we only have two classes left and then we can go home!”

“Since when did you hate school so much?”

“Since people were being mean to you.”

“Oh.” Dani shot her a smile before they headed off to sixth period together. “Jay keeps avoiding me.”

“You've tried to talk to him?” Chelsea asked, surprised.

“Yeah. Tried.”

“Who told you to do that?”