35

««~♛~»»

Rumbling is heard from around me. I'm afraid if I let Noah down he'll slow us down. I take a few steps forward but stop once Noah buries his head into the crook of my neck.

"Don't look at it" I whispered into his ear. His small frame freezes and his breathing is replaced by a heavier one.

Black surrounds the both of us as twigs crunch under the monsters paws. My knees give up and we both slowly fall into the wet slimy ground. My entire body shields Noah.

It snarls once and then twice. I forget everything until I feel a small nudge to my head. It's snout presses against the back of my head. My hair blows softly from its breath. My cheek is then covered is slight snot which makes me flutter my eyes opened. Out of the corner of them I see a handful of gray and brown. A ear pops up and I can finally get a close up to the creature.

It's button like nose sniffed me once more and it's eyes hide behind its mass amount of fur. Something about it strikes me in a familiar way. It's teeth hide behind it's large snout and the moonlight finally hits the animals body correctly.

There in front of me was no other then my lifelong companion who was created just from a stuffed animal and slight bit of magic.

"Karma" I breathed out making eye contact with his black pupils. His snarls stop and I can feel the tension between us drop. Noah is still cradled in my arms as I loosen up my guard. Karma's nose comes closer to my face and he breathes in heavily.

Still inspecting me, he begins trotting around in circles around us. Noah falls out of my arms and crawls into a ball trying to hide himself into me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't one bit scared but I was oddly enough. Afraid that Karma would not recognize me.

But that quickly wash off me as I felt the same disgusting tongue leave a trail of saliva down my face. He pounced onto me and continued his aggressive kisses all over my face. I giggled realizing he never did forget about me.

"Oh Karma get off me you pig" I shout still in a fit of giggles as the large dog hops excitedly off my body. I laugh slightly and look over at Noah who is still curled up into a ball. Karma meanwhile stays hopping around me and throwing his large paws onto my shoulder.

I shove him off and crawl to Noah who's shaking from the startling fright Karma have us.

"Hey, Noah" I whispered laying down next to him, "it's ok, he won't harm you. I promise" I whispered slightly louder into his ear. Noah's hands appeared from under his body. They pushed him up from the ground and into the air carefully. Karma had not gotten my message and was about to pounce onto him.

Noah's scream terrified me and I felt my back hit the ground once more with Noah tackling me down.

"Karma, no!" I groaned kicking him softly from the boy that was tightly grasping onto my shirt. Karma whines and dipped his head down into his paws.

"Hey, see Noah he isn't doing anything bad" I pay Noah's back and removed his hair covering his doe eyes that stared at me. Noah slowly turned his head to see Karma staying in the same position as before.

"Karma come here boy" I cried our sitting Noah and I up. Karma's head shot up quickly and he bounced his way to us. His mouth opened and he let out a loud bark. Noah laughed with his fingers in his mouth as he chewed on his nails anxiously.

"Karma, sit" I commanded tapping the tip of my foot on his paw. Karma obeyed and sat in front of us causing a large pile of leaves under him to flew from beneath and onto us.

"See, he's harmless" I guess Noah got it once Karma stuck his paw out reaching for the child. Noah stuck his own hand out and grazed his small fingers on Karmas fur. He felt comfortable I could tell.

Noah has left the comfort of my lap and was now seated in front of Karma mesmerized my hair size. How has my own friend grown so much from the last time I saw him. I stood up and reached for Noah.

"Let's get back to camp, I'm sure the others will be just as excited to see Karma" I smiled at him. Karma got up and walked alongside me. I grabbed Noah and picked him up to place him onto Karmas back that was spacious enough for the young child.

"He's so fluffy" Noah called out from in front of me. I grinned at the back of his head and trailed from behind them. Now where is the camp at. We walk for a short amount of time and I can see where we should turn to get back.

I scratch the back of Karma's ear and lead him to the new direction with a sleeping Noah hanging off his side. It takes us another couple of minutes and readjustments to Noah's sleeping position when we finally saw fire come from ahead.

"There it is, Karma" I push away branches and make a path for Karma to walk a little faster. I can see a group of boys and try to enter the borders of the camp but don't realize Karma is way ahead of me and already in.

When I hear a commotion and Noah and Karma aren't insight I began to run to the camp. There Pan stands with his sword to Karma and the boys surrounding him.

"Don't hurt him" I say getting in front of Karma and pushing him behind me.

"Why would you let that dangerous animal into camp grounds?" Pan growled still pointing his weapon at Karma.

"Your idiot, you gave me that so called dangerous animal" I grabbed the sword out of his hand and threw it onto the ground, "as for the rest of you out your own weapons down and leave" I shout still making sure no one gets near to Karma and sleeping Noah.

"You could've risked Noah's life" Pan huffed dismissing the boys and hovering over me. I stared at him and pushed him back. I rolled my eyes at him and pointed at Karma to follow me.