16

««~♛~»»

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly dilly, you shall be queen:
Who told you so, dilly dilly, who told you so?

"Melina come here for a minute dear" the woman called out for her daughter as she sat up from her bed she has been resting on.

"Yes mommy?" The frail girl asked climbing onto her mothers lap while carrying around her stuffed bear.

"Remember what daddy told you? About me leaving for a long time sweetheart" she said playing with her daughters hair. The young girl shook her head vigorously not knowing why her mother would be leaving her.

"Mommy why won't you live with us anymore?" The girl cried hugging her mother thinking that a small hug could change everything.

"Do you not love me and daddy anymore?" Her sobs grew not wanting to be ripped apart from her mothers warmth and lullabies.

"Oh Melina of course I love the both of you. I'm just going somewhere where all sick people go to" her hands wiped away the tears from the girls chubby cheeks. Of course the child didn't understand what she meant, but for poor Sierra it hurt her knowing she only had a few days left with her daughter.

"But I thought I was making you feel better" Melina grumbled into her mothers shoulder.

"You are, but I can't get better Melina. I'm too sick and I'll be leaving for a long time" she responded placing the child down onto the chair next to her bed. She un clipped the necklace from her neck that was said had lost its power and placed it right in the girl's small palm and rolled her hand into a fist.

"Here take it Melina. When you get lonely just hold on to it and sing the lullaby I always sing at night" she instructed to Melina. Melina smiled at her mothers gift and ran out the room to go show her fellow friends.

Sierra began coughing and held the handkerchief up to her mouth. Her sickness had been getting worse and she didn't want to give her husband anymore problems with searching for a cure. Her eyes teared up seeing the blood she had just coughed up not wanting to leave her loved ones behind.

A few days later Sierra was found dead in bed when Killian had went to give her breakfast. Melina had been lied to and was told her mother had left early to the place where she would supposedly get better at.
***
My fingers fumbled with the shell that was hanging loosely from neck. I never really appreciated my family up until now. I always hid my feelings not wanting to be hurt and let people take advantage of me if they knew about my sensitivity.

My mother always told me to be strong and never let anyone boss me around, even if it was my own father. I really am just like her. It was now noon and the boys were still standing down the entrance of the treehouse so I couldn't run.

After hearing their discussions, apparently Pan and the rest of the lost boys had gone out for a quick hunt. The boys seemed too into the conversation that they hadn't noticed me climbing out the small window and onto a trees branch. I lighten my footsteps to not make any sound and it worked.

Thank god the camp wasn't far from the treehouse so it only took me around two minutes or so to arrive. Pan must have something in his tent that could get me out of here. Just look for a big scary tent, I told myself looking around the scattered place.

After many failing attempts I found one that was further into the camp. It was about three times bigger than the regular tents making it look a huge fort. I opened it to see a king sized bed in the middle that was nicely made. Spoiled boy. There was a desk in the left corner with books and papers pilling on the floor near it and on it.

Instead of dirt floor he had rugs made out of a kind of animal fur spread out the place. A chest was at the end of the bed and there was another section of the tent that was separated by thick cloth drapes. I opened up the drapes to see a bathroom that had weird accessories in it and an entrance that led itself to a small kitchen.

The tent from the inside was larger than what was shown in the outside. I stopped fooling around and went to the messy desk. The papers had different plans and inventions drawn on them. The books were about spells, nature and one book was called 'The Enchanted Forest'.

I opened the drawers to see many bottles and pencils thrown inside. Opening and closing each drawer led me to nothing. You've been looking in the wrong spot! I face palmed when I looked around the room to find a whole lot of books on a wooden bookshelf.

Scanning the bookshelf quickly not wanting to get in trouble I reached out for a book that had looked similar to the one that was in Rumple's library, only that this one had more pages and was made out of a silky cloth. I squealed in excitement as I found the answer to my great escape.

Soon my happy dancing came to a stop as I heard footsteps and leaves crunching up coming towards the fort like tent. Their conversations were all muffled and the light that came from the fire they had made was gleaming into the room.

I hugged the book tightly and ran behind the drape and into the kitchen. Even my breathing was hard and full of anxiety I made myself soundless and sat down on the floor next to the counter. I close my eyes as I heard someone enter the tent.

The person sighed and the bed let out a small creak, since they had probably sat down on it. Pan walked around the room calming himself down after the argument he had with Felix about having Melina back on the island. Pan had assumed now that Melina was grown up, that Felix had developed feelings for her. I mean why else would he stand up for her.

Melina shuffled slightly and crawled near the table where she had found a opening in the drape. She looked right at Pan's back, since he was leaning over his desk. His foot slightly tapping the rug, he shook his in realization.

Melina backed up and tried to put the book on her belt. She stood up and went to go find another way out, other than the entrance. She made herself closer to a corner but immediately stopped knowing she had already been found.

"Come out from there Melina"

««~♛~»»

Having writers block is the worst. I did something different for once and decided to change the cover. Hopefully you like it!