Episode 44: Pressure Of Tears

Start from the beginning

                Carl didn’t say thank you when he grabbed the cup of water, so I sort of did a mock dance in my head when I drank the frigid cold substance. I thought it’d freeze my lungs but I drank it anyway.

                “Thanks.” I held the cup down but Carl still looked scared. “What?”

                He sighed and frowned. “Your nose.”

                Huh? Whoa!

                It was dripping all over the place. Blood that is. Into the cup, mixing and dancing with the once pure water… then little drops onto the snow at our feet. The blood on the white looked beautiful, but I just didn’t know what this meant. Were these nose bleeds just…meaningless, or did they have a weightier meaning?

                “Audrey!!” I heard Gabby’s voice yell as she ran over to us.

                “Gabby?” I turned and she threw herself into my arms making the cup fall. “Are you ok?!” She looked at my nose. “They didn’t…did they?”

                Punch me?

                “No…” I rubbed my head feeling really weird.

                Gabby just started to boohoo into my new coat. “What am I gonna do?!”

                I looked to Carl wondering if he knew what she was talking about but he just looked back at her.

                “What’s wrong?”

                “It’s Roy.” She pulled away and shakily inhaled.

                “He’s worse?” Vernetta intervened.

                Gabby just nodded.

                A few minutes later, and we were filled in. Apparently, late yesterday, Roy started to show signs of having a cold. Granny and Grant helped Gabby keep him comfortable, but it just got worse. On top of that, it seems he’s always been weak when it comes to things like this.

                I glared at Stark.

                “Hey! You’re a professor. Don’t you think you could help?” I frowned.

                He adjusted his glasses and continued to read.

                I hate those freaking glasses, and I hate that freaking stupid book. I’d kill him with either one if I could. “No.” He replied. “There is no way he can be helped.”

                “He must have a fever!” I argued.

                “Like I said…nothing to help.” He turned to look at me.

                “This is because I didn’t let you screw me isn’t it?!” Oh gosh. I did not just say that in front of everyone. Carl looked, well, confused, and quickly swiped his long bangs to the side. I took a moment to appreciate how he looked with that long wild hair of his.

                I looked down, embarrassed and bit my cheek to keep going. “What? It’s all out in the open.” This is definitely not me. I don’t even know what relevance this has. If I wanted to get something off my chest…this isn’t’ the way.

                “Forget it Audrey. Gabby, I’m sorry. But your brothers going to die. Best to put him down before he infects anyone else.” Vernetta shifted onto her leg.

                “No!!!” Gabby screamed back. “He’s…he’s all I have.” She raised her shoulders and smiled. “It’s not…possible.”She forced out, fighting whatever she held behind those eyes of hers.

                I could feel my heart start to pound to the point I couldn’t hear right. “I have an idea.” I scanned around the group of people.

                “What?” Stark put his book away and crossed his arms.

                I turned away, then looked back. It’s suicide…but it’s all we have.

                “There’s only one place that none of you have ever entered. We could find something in there. In the college.” Even Carl looked at me like I was walking on a tight rope.

                But that’s where we have to go.

                Where the walkers hide, live, and soon, might eat.

________

HO HO! Well my little munchkins, what do you think? Will someone die next episode??? Hmmm…. Well, anywho, sorry if this wasn’t all that great. Bit of a filler.

Just wanted to say thank you to every single person who’s read and so on and so forth. It’s been amazing. I hope you stick with me till the end.

THANK YOU!!! BYAAA!!!