Chapter 15: The finale

Tony's POV.

I stand in the cockpit of the Jet and smile.

"Hey." Cap says as he walks up to me. He was back in his red white and blue. I was glad to see that." I am so sorry about what I did back there Tony." I try to interrupt but it pushes it a side and continues "I could have killed you! You understand that right?"

"You didn't though because you are stronger than them." I grabbed him. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. "I am so glad that I didn't lose you. I love you so much." I whispered to his chest loud enough he could hear me.

"But you didn't. You saved me." He leaned down and kissed me. His kiss made me the happiest I thought I could ever be.

"I can't believe you saved Bucky for me." He said suddenly. I could tell he was still processing everything.

"Well, i should have understood that Bucky is not what the Winter soldier did. he is your best friend. And that made saving him even more important." I smiled into his chest not wanting to let go.

"You really are the best." He stopped and pushed me away. " Tony i didn't mean anything I said when I said you only cared about yourself. I know that's not true." I took his hands in mine.

"You remember when I went to get you from your Bloody Knuckles room. What did I say to you?" I questioned.

"Yes how could I forget. You said" I interrupted him " I said I, Anthony stark promise to love and protect you till the light ceases in my chest! And man did I mean it."

"And I replied with I Steve Rodgers promise to love and protect you till my heart stop beating and maybe even after!" We laughed and smiled staring into each other's eyes. I grabbed him again. I crashed his lips into mine.

"Guys come on you have to see this!" Wanda shouts. She doesn't sound scared she amazed. I take his hand and run after Wanda.

She takes us to the upper deck where everyone else is.

It's raining but the sun is coming up and it's beautiful the sun shining on the clouds but the rain still coming down. Looking out the windows as the rain comes down has always calmed me.

There is some soft music playing in the room. Everyone is just sitting smiling. Bucky stands far off from everyone else.

"I will be right back." I say to Steve as he smiles at the rain.

I walk across the way to Bucky.

"Hey, why are you over there with everyone else?" I questioned to him.

"I don't know how to apologize to them for everything I did and thanking them for galling save my life." He smiled sadly. I put my hand over his and gave it a squeeze.

"You didn't do anything to them and they know you appreciate it. Now come on I have tell to tell everyone something." I smile and follows behind me.

"Guys I believe we have the new member of the avengers." I smile.

"Thanks Stark." Bucky smiles.

"Anytime." I smile and walk back over to Steve and sit on the floor and Steve joins me. Everyone is cheering and holds up there drinks and "to Bucky the newest Avenger." And cling the glasses together.

"Thank you for everything, Tony" Steve hugs me tight.

"I would do anything for you. You were right he is a great guy." I say.

The rest of the flight back to New York is long but we just spend the entire enjoying everyone's company. When we get back to the tower. I show Bucky his new home on the 57 floor which is full house. Then he and Steve head up to the roof.

——- on the Roof——

"Hey I want you to know something." Steve says as his eyes balance over the city scape.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"I want you to know that you are my world. You mean everything to me and you are the most perfect guy I could ask for." He smiles as he leans down and kisses me.

" I am so glad you happened to me." I say without thought. I grab his waist and lean my head into chest and stare out at the city scape.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too." I say back.

"I can't wait to get some sleep. Let's go to bed I need like 36 hours of sleeping after that ordeal." I say smiling.

"Sleep sounds great." He replies.

We head back to my room and just sleep.

——————————-————
Hey guys so that is end of the story but don't worry there will be an epilogue so go ahead and scroll on. Or flip on I guess which ever you do.