Rubbing a hand over my face, I know I have to do the right thing.

It takes every ounce of will-power in me to lean down and hug her.

She stiffens at first but slowly hugs me back.

Diana pulls away and leans against the chair as tears run down her face.

Ignoring the sadness and pity creeping back into my heart, I turn away.

I walk back over to Hannah with my arms crossed as I scan the computer screens. I watch as more and more people wake up and more and more stories come to an end.

Finding Reece again, I see him alone in a room.

Sadness pulls at his features and I watch as he sits on a bed and puts his head in his hands.

"What..." I'm about to ask Hannah but then I remember what part of the book this is.

The end.

Reece doesn't live until the end.

"No, no, no." My eyes widen as I scan the buttons for Reece's name. "Hannah, where's Reece's?" I frantically ask.

"They keep the antagonists somewhere else. They're valuable." She says. "What's wrong?"

"Reece....he..." I point to the screen and cold fear travels down my spine when I see the gun.

"No! Diana, where do they keep the antagonists?" I turn around to ask her but she just shakes her head.

I walk over to her. "Diana, please. Please tell me." I say, the panic clear in my voice.

She doesn't give me a response and I shake my head as I back away, towards the door.

Opening it, I look down the hall and see people wandering around aimlessly.

I quickly walk out and push past all the people who are inconveniently in my way.

Rushing down the hallway, I scan my eyes over the doors, trying to find Reece's name.

Door after door, name after name. No Reece.

People try to stop me and ask questions but I continue pushing past them.

The hallway reaches a dead end and I rub a hand over my forehead as a feeling of hopelessness settles in my chest.

Turning my head towards the oddly placed door at the end of the hall, I narrow my eyes.

Janitor's Closet.

I wonder...

Quickly opening the door before I can doubt myself, I stumble into a dark room.

Running my hand over the wall, searching for a light switch, I find one and flick it on.

The room is illuminated and my eyes widen.

They've been doing that a lot lately.

There lies Reece. In a hospital bed, his eyes closed. More panic rushes through me as I realize he might be dead but I brush it aside.

He can't be yet.

The part that makes chills crawl up my spine is the person in a bed next to him just a few feet away.

Zac.

I quickly move next to Reece and try to find a button or switch that will easily wake him up.

But the room is small, the size of a closet, and only has two beds in it.

Nothing else.

A feeling as though I'm being watched washes over me and I freeze.

Probably just paranoid.