Chapter 8

The hands cover my mouth just as I scream and my first reaction is to bite

So that's exactly what I do as I attempt to slap and punch at whoever's behind me.

"Shit. Just be quiet, will you?" He says, his voice laced with pain and aggravation.

I let out a sigh of relief as I quickly stand up and face Reece.

I feel like crying and screaming at the same time.

Wiping under my eyes and stepping forward, I wrap my arms around Reece.

He immediately stiffens but I don't care. I need this.

Slowly his hands wrap around my body and I immediately feel better as he holds me close to his chest.

"Dipshit." I sigh into his shirt.

"I just didn't want you screaming. They'd know where you were then." He whispers.

"I really need to know who this 'they' is." I say, my voice muffled.

"I know. So, you're a biter?" Reece asks and I cringe.

"You sure know how to ruin a moment." I say, holding back a smile.

I take in his minty smell. He smells so good. That's not creepy at all.

Reece stiffens again as if just realizing that he's still hugging me.

He coughs and then pushes me away. "Let's go." He mutters.

Right about now I'm glad the lights are off.

Because my face is probably red as a tomato.

"I can barely see." I whisper. All I can see is an outline of Reece's body and the lockers.

He groans and grabs my hand, dragging me after him.

This is definitely exactly what I wanted.

"Your hands are sweaty." He hisses at me.

"Sorry." I whisper.

We take a sharp right and my body slams into lockers, causing a loud bang to echo around the school.

Reece turns around as I cover my mouth with my hand.

"Are you alright?" He whispers, stepping closer to me and looking around cautiously.

"I'll be okay." I say and his eyes lock with mine.

You know how in books there's that cliché moment when they look into each other's eyes and everything just stops.

That's what's happening to me right now.

The difference between books and my terrible cliché world is that my hands are sweaty, Reece won't make a move and, oh yeah, now there's footsteps that are definitely not mine or Reece's.