Ch16: WHAT!!!

Aurora's pov

I currently lay in bed, my emerald and rings around my neck. It had been about a week or two since the wedding and I hadn't been feeling well over the past couple of days. I'd been throwing up at random times and Capper had asked that I go to the doctor to find out what was wrong.

I didn't want to leave the bed right now since I felt really tired. Mystic and Moonshadow were at a sleepover with the crusaders and Capper was out shopping so I was alone in the house. Well Thorn was here but he's a dog. I lay in bed before I felt sick to the stomach and went to the bedside cabinet to get the bowl that was sitting there but I slipped and fell onto the floor, bringing the bowl with me.

I quickly put my head over the bowl and threw up in it as Thorn wandered over and sniffed at me. "Don't worry boy, I'm fine but since I'm out of bed I might as well go to the doctor" I told him before grabbing the bowl and rinsing it in the sink before walking outside.

I walked to the hospital and went to the desk. "Are there any doctors that are free right now" I asked as the receptionist nodded and went to the back before coming out with a unicorn who had a light amber coat and dark greyish tangelo mane. He trotted over to me and spoke. 

"Ahh, Aurora your back. Is your wing hurting you" he asked, leading me into the back. "No, not this time. I've been feeling sick recently" I replied as Doctor Horse nodded, opening the door to his room. "I'll do some tests to see what's going on" he explained a he got me to sit down.

Capper's pov 

I arrived home with the shopping, not able to find Aurora. "She must have went to the hospital like I asked" I thought aloud as I placed the shopping into the cupboards. I heard a bark from next to me and in panic leapt onto one of the counters as I looked down to see Thorn standing in the entrance of the kitchen.

I fluffed up my fur a little as I looked at the dog with narrowed eyes. "Just because we live in the same house doesn't mean you can sneak up on me" I spoke in a tone that you would use on somepony like Moonshadow and Mystic.

I climbed down and finished unpacking the stuff and stretched, walking into the living room and lying down on the couch, curling up and falling asleep.

Time skip

Aurora's pov

I walked back into the house with a saddlebag which had a few things from Doctor Horse in it. I opened the door and walked in to see Capper curled up, asleep on the couch. "I'll tell him when he wakes up" I whispered to myself as I placed the saddlebag onto the table and laying down next to Capper and falling asleep.

(Another) Time skip

Capper's pov(Again)

I opened my eyes and yawned, sitting up and stretching in the process. I looked down at Aurora who was lying next to me and smiled. "She's so cute when she sleeps" I whispered before looking up and spotting a saddlebag perched on the table.

Becoming curious I got up, trying not to disturb Aurora and opened the saddlebag. There was a few books in the saddle bag and a sheet of paper was rolled up. I picked it up and unrolled the paper to see that it was a note from the doctor. I decided to read it aloud and started to read from the top.

Name: Aurora Dapperpaws 

Symptoms: Vomiting, Tiredness

Condition: Pregnancy 

"WHAT!!!" I yelled, waking Aurora up. "What's going on" Aurora asked sleepily, stifling a yawn. "Your going to have a baby" I asked her as she sat up. "Yeah, are you not happy" Aurora asked tilting her head with sadness in her voice. "No, its just that I've never took care of a baby before and I just feel like its going to be hard" I replied,  putting my ears down.

"Well we could ask my family for help and I was given some books on parenting and pregnancy so that should help" Aurora pointed out, gesturing to the saddlebag. I sighed and sat on the couch, pulling her into a hug. "I guess I'm just shocked. This is just happening so fast. I didn't expect to be having a kid so soon into our life together" I explained as Aurora laughed a little.

"I was feeling the same when I found out but then I changed my mind because its like we're starting our own family now" Aurora smiled. "I guess your right. I'm sorry for over reacting" I replied as she smiled. "Don't worry about it. It fine" Aurora smiled before yawning. 

I picked her up and placed her on my chest, lying on the couch. "Get some sleep. You'll need it" I told her as she nodded and closed her eyes, falling asleep. I smiled and slowly fell asleep myself, hugging onto Aurora and our future child.