Ch2: Meeting a new 'friend'

Edited: 18th January 2018

Aurora's Pov

I walked through the dry sand underneath the blistering hot sun. My hooves were hot and a little cracked from the heat and my feathers were all dried up instead of the usual feathery feeling. My mane was a complete mess and I was completely thirsty.

"Saving Equestria hahahahaha oh look maybe this guy knows which way to go" Pinkie spoke, grabbing a skull from the ground as sand poured out of the eyes and base and a tiny bug crawled over her face. "What's that friend. We're lost hahahaha" Pinkie laughed, placing the skull next to her own head before throwing it away, coughing, going on her tiptoes with a smile and collapsing into the sand.

"How long have we been walking for again, my feathers are completely dried out" I panted, my hair getting in my face. "Could be going in circles, endless sand. Nothing for miles except sand and this rock *Cough* and this cactus *Gasp* and this road" Spike spoke, sweat dripping off of his scales, a cactus in his tail as he collapsed into the stone road. "This road" he added.

"A road" Twilight spoke up after Spike said that and walked forward. "Where there's a road there's a-" She stopped once she saw something over the hill. I walked forward to see a town not to far away. "Cool" Rainbow spoke. "What is that" Rarity added.

"Ohh a city. We are doing it you guys" Pinkie spoke happily after leaping out of the sand, her hair perfectly fine once again. "You know what they say. Where there's a city. There's a spa" Rarity yelled, her hoof flicking her messy hair back for a sec.

"Who says that" Rainbow asked. "In case you've forgot. We're on a mission to save Equestria" Applejack added. "I can multitask" Rarity replied. "I wonder what kind of markets they'll have. Maybe I can find some more books or some new art and writing equipment" I spoke happily, using my right wing to style my main back to normal.

After a while of walking, we finally reached the town but what I saw wasn't exactly what I expected. There wasn't even any Ponies and everything was way bigger than we were which was a little scary. "Oh. Hey you with the horn. You sell'n" Some weird guy with tusks asked Twilight as we walked by. I made sure my wings were folded as I didn't want to lose them on this trip.

"Hi there" Twilight spoke to another guy. He put some barrels on a cart but they fell off "Oh I'm sorry, let me help you with that" she added, using her magic to levitate the barrels back into the wagon. I felt eyes watching me and turned around to see an emerald eye staring at us.

I gulped, a little uncomfortable and turned back to the others. "Hey, no messing around my merchandise" The guy Twilight just helped yelled as we all ran away. What do you expect though. He's like two or three times bigger than us.

Capper's pov

I watched as the pastel coloured ponies were walking around. I spotted the purple one levitate some of the barrels that had fallen. The guy got mad and yelled at then as they ran.

"Very interesting" I whispered to myself, watching them. Then my eyes landed on the light blue pony with purple on her and a ginger and yellow mane and tail. She seemed to be very nervous and was looking around in fear. I felt my cheeks heat up as I watched her while she followed her friends.

Aurora's pov

"Okay we just gotta stick together. Be careful who you talk to and try to blend in" Twilight spoke. "That'll be kind of hard seeing as we are bright colours and everything here is really dull" I replied before facing straight ahead when I heard Pinkie yell. "Can I have your attention please"

She was standing in the road, trying to get the attention of the different creatures. "Can anypony take us to the queen of the Hippos" Pinkie asked as a fishman stopped walking. "You want something. You gotta give something" he told her before Pinkie leapt into his arms. "Well, how about a big warm hug from a grateful pony friend" Pinkie replied before being dropped by the guy. "How about this comb that I've never used" Pinkie asked another one of these creatures while coming from the sky which I didn't even know was possible for an earth pony although she fell to the ground a couple seconds after.