Chapter 27: The Holidays

Začít od začátku

Remus walked back into the kitchen and went "hey darling want to have a quickie while the cookies bake."

"Remus," I giggled, "I have to watch the cookies, they might burn. I don't think you'd want that."

"I was only joking, darling."

"Sure you were."

"I was!"

"Mhmmm."

A few minutes later, the timer went off and I took the cookies out of the oven and turned it off. I used a simple spell to cool the cookies.

"The cookies are ready!"

I made three dozen cookies and put three on each of the four plates I took out. I handed everyone their plate and we began eating.

"Y/n," Lyall began, already on his second cookie, "these really are the best cookies, maybe even in the whole wizarding world!"

"I told you so, father."

"Y/n these cookies are scrumptious," Hope stated, "thank you."

"My pleasure, Hope."

Remus put his lips near my ear and whispered "I thought I was your pleasure Y/n."

"REMUS," I yelled as I playfully hit his arm.

Hope Lupin gave us this smirk as if she knew. She probably did.

"Please save some cookies for Christmas and New Year's."

I don't even know if they can, my family barely could when I made cookies, I even had to hide a stash.

Remus and I went to his room after eating our serving of cookies. We laid down in the bed and snuggled.

"There's a full moon in five days," I began, "do you think you'll be alright?"

"I think I'll be fine," he replied. "You can keep me company if you'd like."

"Only if your parents allow it."

"My parents really like you, Y/n."

"I'm glad they do, it'd be kind of awkward if they didn't."

"Yeah it would."

"Goodnight Remus."

"Goodnight Y/n."

____________

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

I awoke the next morning with my arms around Y/n. I kissed her forehead. She stirred.

"Y/n get your lazy arse up, it's Christmas, Merry Christmas by the way."

"Wow that's a nice first thing to say to your girlfriend on Christmas," she said sarcastically.

"I know it is darling," I snickered, "you're welcome."

"Merry Christmas though."

We rushed downstairs where we saw Hope and Lyall sitting on the couch.

"Lyall and I have been waiting for you two to come down, come on let's open gifts."

Mum and father handed Y/n a gift from the both of them.

She opened it up and gasped, "it's a jumper with star charts on it, thank you I love it! I actually got you both something."

She handed mum and father each a gift. They opened it. Father got a new watch, it was a rather nice watch too. Mum got a beautiful necklace with her birthstone on it. They each thanked Y/n and gave her a hug.