Chapter 26 Not the end

Start from the beginning

      He nodded, seemingly taking my statement into consideration. He stepped over to one of the plants that were growing out of the stone of the spring. From it, he took out what appeared to be an orb of light produced from the bulb. He then walked out to me and gestured for me to open my hand, which I slowly did. He placed it in my hand and closed it the light fading away.

       "My creations are flawed," he told me. "Even you Celestials, the mortals who chose to protect the innocent. Problem is that not all can be saved, and not all will be saved. I see those like you who do what they must at all costs, and I become fascinated with your methods. What you fail to realize, much like all of my creations, is that nature is not balance. Never was. It was allowing things to take their natural course. And the divine gift of will and wisdom was to further this. I could vaporize you, but it would solve nothing. I can make you so-called 'pure', but it'll change nothing. So I want you . . ."

    He took my hand carefully, made a fist, and aimed it at his heart. ". . .  to take the natural path." 

      He pulled my arm inwards

I struck out with my hand and tore into Perseus's chest and pulled out his heart, the nail still lodged in it. Before anyone could react, I crushed it, spilling his blood at my feet. The Mail of Christ fell out of my chest, and I stomped on it and scattered the kindling.

     "I'm not finished . . .yet," I shouted to the sky and kneeled down next to him. "I'm not done. I . . ."

     "You," Maya growled in a shuddered voice. Annebeth saw this and immediately backed away.

     "Everyone clear!" She shouted. They all ducked for cover as she was shining bright like a diamond. He fists clutched around the hilt of her divine sword. I got into a readied stance. "You, you. You you you you you you you! How could you!"

A beam of light shot straight up into the sky. Blinding anyone for miles. When it died down, Maya looked at me with pure hatred. A black diamond formed on her forehead and black cracks were spread from her face. Her sword glowed goldenly, and her hair glowed white. I couldn't believe what I saw. She was giving off this much energy. So uncontrolled and unkempt.

I got into a stance, but she moved so fast, she was behind me in almost an instant. I couldn't react. But I didn't need to. She stumbled a bit. She wasn't used to such speed. But she soon swung her sword. Summoned my sword and we clashed, nearly destroying the warehouse roof.

She kicked me in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me and sent me flying till I landed in trump tower. She soon landed as well.

"Your strength increased exponentially," I said as I shakily stood. "But I don't want to fight. It's already over."

Her eyes were dead. Inky black with a single yellow dot in the middle. No, this wasn't holy magic, and it certainly wasn't chaos. What is she?

She swung again. I dodged as a section of the building was sliced clean off, and fell to the ground. She brought the blade down on me, and I put on my own sword to block. But the force sent me straight through the floor, and the next few.

I shakily stood, breathing heavily. And I noticed she was too. Her body can't handle the strain of chaos. She screamed, and from her back, a single leathery wing of a bat sprouted and beat heavily. The wing of a demon.

      A child of chaos. How was she able to contain so much power from only a fraction of the power of chaos. But I realized something. She had said her skills were derived from what she said was a visiting angel. That was the excuse. That was, in fact,false, yet she did not know. It was not just any angel who happened upon a child of Percy Jackson. It was in fact a devil. And they did something to her.

     I looked down in my hand that I have not unclenched since leaving heaven.I opened it, and found that a brand was placed on my hand. The holy symbol of heaven. And I understood what god wanted. He wanted me to take the natural course. I held out my hands in a prayer position.

"Hear me, God, I beg of you. Undo this apocalypse I have created," I yelled and immediately thunder rumbled above. Divine light peaked through the clouds and onto the hellscape below.

And ove me, a bright red light came forth, and the entire wourld was bathed in a white glow. She ran and stabbed me in the gut, but I no longer cared. It wasn't worth it now. The red light expanded quickly, till it consumed everything, no one could escape it. It consumed the eternity of reality till it was all blank.

I opened my eyes on yet another plane. A cliff overlooking a wonderful river turning into a beautiful waterfall. Sitting on the edge was Sadie, Carter, Percy, Annebeth, and Maya.

Percy was the first to notice me and looked at me shocked. "Ryan?"

"Hey," I said glumly for the first time.

"Ryan?" Carter asked. "Is that you? What the hell's going on down there?"

"I'm keeping up my end of the bargain Percy," he said. "I was naïve. God is wiping it clean and making another just like it in its place. It'll be like I never came back."

"As someone you recently murdered," Sadie said. "This sounds kinda weird to ask. But are you doing okay? You seem a bit . . . off."

"Yeah," Carter said. "Like someone killed your dog in front of you and is now wearing it like a festive hat."

      I sighed. "I just have to watch as everything I've work to accomplish . . . is erased from existence. It was fun while it lasted. Thought I was making a difference in the world. But maybe . . . I should let things take it's course."

"Well," Percy said uncomfortably. "What happens to you. I don't suppose haven or hell would open their gates?"

I stared at the water fall. "I'm going to miss you, Percy. And honestly, I don't know what that says about me now. I guess. . . I'll be sending me and my gang back home. Who knows what will happen to me now since all of this. But remember, you and your group, keep doing what you always been doing."

Keep surprising me.