Chapter Fourteen

You did all of that? Nabilah screamed as Kiitan told her the whole story. "Just because of a party"

"I totally regret it,I just didn't want to be part of the lowkey girls anymore" Kiitan answered. It was the third day after the shocking revelation and her condition had improved relatively well with the help of Nabilah.

"Don't you know that Behind Things That Glitter lies unspeakables. Those that you think are enjoying life as big girls also have their own problems which may be even worse than yours. Nabilah explained.

Kiitan signed and said " What do you think I should do now? "

"First of all,you need to confess to your mother"

"Aah! Maami will kill me. Where will I start from with my explanation"

"That's the first step you will take in order to change. You can think through it if you want"

"Oh my God" Kiitan muttered and buried her head in her palms.

********

"Murewa,come over to the notice board" Sam said over the phone.

"Sam,there are so many notice boards na. Which one?

" My bad,arts department " Sam answered

"I'll be there in ten" she said as she hung up

Fifteen minutes later,Murewa showed up and met Sam waiting beside the notice board patiently. He was grinning widely and signalled for Murewa to check the notice board.

"Wow!! She won! She'd be so happy. Have you called her yet?"

"No,I called you first. Its four pm so I can enter your hostel so we'd break it to her together" Sam said smiling.

When they got to the hostel,Murewa was allowed to go in but Sam had fill a register. In her excitement, Murewa raced up the stairs leaving Sam behind to follow suite after filling the form.

"Jesus" Murewa screamed drawing attention to the dying Tooke. She was sprawled on the floor,her hand holding her stomach and wincing in pain.There was blood at the edge of her skirt. Sam came running in and was taken aback by the sight in front of him.

Murewa bent over her friend and started screaming like a mother who had just lost her child "help! Somebody help! Please help! Don't let her die like this! She doesn't deserve to die this way!!.

Sam who had instantly placed a call to a cab carried her ignoring the amount of blood on his hand. He hurriedly placed her in the back seat of the car.

~~~~~~

Welcome with me the winner of this great competition.Akinlade Adetooke. Their was a very loud sound of cheers and applause. Tooke couldn't help but blush.
Beside her was Sam standing as handsome as ever. " Go girl,you deserve the best" he said and pecked her lightly. He walked her up to the podium where she received her award in joy.

Tooke opened her eyes slowly. She had just been shown the future. If only...

If only she was patient

If only she wasn't blinded by love and chose her rightful partner

If only she had obeyed her father

Father will be disappointed. So will mother and every other person who had really cared about her. Kolade was out of the picture now. She was the one losing and not him. She took a glance to the left and saw Sam and Murewa.

She opened her mouth to speak but she was too weak.

Tell father I love him

Same goes for mum too

>>>>>
One chapter more and we are done!😋🙌
Vote
Comment
Share
Tag friends to read
~~~~~
Nigerian books to read
Weird short stories WeirderMum

Rugged to the core CandidChrisWealth

Cobweb tentimileyin

Miss world or miss akhirah Sarahss2000

What you made me do lexicon75

Love or something like that mayosile