Chapter Four

"Yes dad, I'll be fine" Tooke said,she placed her phone on her right ear and used her shoulder to guide it as she searched through her bag for the key to her room.

"Yes,the conference was cool and i have submitted the application right there. Pray I'll be selected,please" She said as she inserted the key into the lock.
          Opening the door, she perceived faintly,the scent of strawberry flavour, Murewa,her roommate's favorite. She would still be in class by now,Tooke thought.

        As she ended her call to her father,she dropped her handbag and portfolio and settled on her bed in their en suite room in the St Isabelle's girls hostel that's usually for the classy ones on campus ,set to unload her suitcase.

Her thoughts went back to her father and she couldn't understand why he always fussed about her. Fine,she was an only child but she was a big girl now. He ought to cut her some slack.

       At eighteen, she was a 200lv student of Fine and applied arts and had a number of original works to her credit. She'd just return from a three-day workshop which she was selected to represent the university by her department.

     Since she was young, she had enjoyed staring at arts and modelling with Clay.

      The door burst open and her room are swept in bringing her out of her thoughts  "Hey girlfriend" Murewa screamed . " How was it? "When did you get back? Did wizkid come? What did you bring for me?"

       "Look who missed me" Tooke teased her."back to your questions, which one do you want me to answer first? "

       "Abeg(please), who missed you? I'm only famzing (familiarizing with) you to bring out what you brought for me.Answer my top priority first, what did you bring for me?" Murewa said, but in the true sense, she had actually missed her roommate.

     "Nothing" Tooke said and raised her hand in resignation

      "You must be kidding me" Murewa said as she hijacked her friend's handbag and brought out marshmallow. Known to have a sweet tooth,she tore it open and thanked her friend while popping two in her mouth.

       "Brother Deolu came looking for you,he left a note too. Its on your drawer" she informed Tooke. Deolu was one of the fellowship brothers who has been eyeing Tooke for quite long now but Tooke had her eyes on only one person.

            Kolade was her perfect prince charming. Tall,handsome,dark with sideburns neatly trimmed which showed off his chiseled cheekbones. His dark skin and wavy low cut made him look like an Afro American. She loved the way she had to look up at him when they talked because he was taller.

         A 400 level student of Law,he was the typical beauty with brains. He was also popular and definitely the ladies idol.

         Her world was perfect except a little taint. Kolade didn't go to Church. Once,she had invited him to Church. She noticed he got bored and was practically dozing. Since then, whenever she brought up the issue of Church, he always puts up one excuse or the other. Her dad surely will not let his only child get married to an unbeliever.

          Tooke read the note that was asking about her welfare(from Deolu) crumbled it and threw in the nearest wastebin. She picked her powder and started to freshen up. She was going to see the love of her life.

          •••••••••••••

        Nabilah tossed around her bed, she hasn't slept well for two days.The reason being the money she collected from a stranger.

        She had been pondering and praying about the money. Her instinct told her the money wasn't a beneficial one and somehow she knew she has to do something about the money.

        "Ya Allah, help me" A confused Nabilah muttered. Suddenly an idea popped up,her department does an annual charity giveaway. She could drop the money for the less privileged and overcome this feeling of guilt in her!

        She made a mental note to call the president of her department's students body. She heard her phone ring, picking it out of her purse. She frowned when she saw the caller ID.

Vote
Comment
Share
Sorry for the late update.
              >>>>>
Goal 20 votes
         15 comments
Nigerian books to read
For better for worse yewandejoseph
Which girl EdoNaija4life