*SPECIAL* A Mermaid Tale

[There will be lots of parts to this ;)]

Didn't you know there was a tale? A tale about creatures living in the deep blue ocean, swimming amongst the other marine life. This tale keeps this phenomenon going, a phenomenon that only believers seen with their own eyes. These creatures are known for their beauty and a distinct feature, a tail. Not just your usual cat or dog tail, a tail that looks like a fish with beautiful scales shimmering up the body. Many books have been written by people who encountered these creatures, many have told stories and folklore about the creatures of beauty and price. Not many have seen them at all. However, people who have a true heart in believing the supernatural, will get see the belief come true. This tale, is named by the very creatures we seek to see today. This is a simple and adventurous, Mermaid Tale..

-~-~-~-

The chirps of seagulls up above the waving blue ocean, in different arranges of color. Turning to very clear blue at the shore to the deepest blue where no man has ever swam. The sounding of the waves made the soothing affect just right to sleep, children laughing could be heard up along the coast. Two children were near the shore, collecting seashells by the seashore. A little girl and a little boy, they looked like they were having a good time collecting the small little collectables.

"Mary! Look at this own!" Said the little boy, picking up an odd shape shell, watching it glimmer in the sun.

"Huh? Wow! That's Pretty, John!"

The little girl stared at the odd shell in awe, amazed as the boy rotated in the sun making it glimmer even more. They decided to go home, to show it to their grandmother. They grinned and ran up the sandy beach to the light house that was up at the cliff of the beach. Hopefully their grandmother would know what type of shell little John had picked up. The door was quickly open and the two scurried in, searching for their grandmother. A lone woman stood at a large window in the living room staring out at the calm sea as if she was in search of something, longingly. The woman had turned around when hearing the door open and called out the children's names, the two ran to her and hugged her waist making her let out a gentle laugh and a calm sweet smile that would light up the darkest hearts to peace. "Grandma! Look what John found!" The girl grinned madly and looked at John, waiting for him to show their grandmother his discovery. Their grandmother blinked and motioned them to sit down with her on the sofa, they sat on each side of her as John placed the shell in the palm of her hand. The woman gasped when seeing the beautiful shiny shell in her hand "I found it at the west side of the beach, grandma! It's a pretty shell, isnt it?" John grinned happily.

The woman spoke no words as her eyes were filled with emotion, her wrinkled smooth hand was lifted up and a finger was rubbed onto the shell and felt how smooth the shell was. The two kids looked at their grandmother, wondering what's wrong with her, but they only found a large calm smile upon her face "Do you know what this is?" She asked them looking at them with her eyes. They blinked at each other and gently shook their heads. The grandmother stood up and slowly walked to the bookcase then pulled out a large dusty book. With a simple blow of air, dust flew. The two kids watched her come back and sat down once again only to open the book and see a certain page. "Grandma, what type of shell is it?" Mary asked looking up at her grandmother from the book.

"This is no shell, my dear. This is a scale," the grandmother pointed at the black and white picture on the page. "This scale does not belong to any fish nor mammal. This only belongs to a certain type of creature living in the ocean."

"What kind of creature, Grandma?"

The waves crashed against the rocks as everything changed. Coral came into view and schools of fish swam along these beautiful pieces of sea life. The coral reef is such a beautiful place, having many types of fish swimming about. Dolphins clicking and chirping as they played chase together and stingrays flap their wings as they glided across the sea floor, hungry for food. A pair of golden eyes peeked out from behind the coral, eyeing something off into the distance before looking around. A majestic and beautiful, wavy tail wriggled around with orange scales shimmering in the sunning water.

"Mermaids, my dear."

A young mermaid appeared from behind the coral and looked around, wondering about something. Her short orange hair was growing out slowly but it's growing, golden eyes looked around the reef in search of something. Scales were on certain parts of her body, some on her back, on her elbows, her cheeks. Her chest was covers by small orange starfish so no perverts won't touch her until she finds her mate! She let out a small hum before letting out a yelp when seeing swordfishes coming straight at her, their needle like nose almost stabbing her side. "Lady (Y/n)! We are to bring you back to King Seijuro!" She immediately groaned, not again. King Seijuro, her elder brother, was given the throne by their parents. Even if she was the middle child, she still had to go by the kingdoms rule.

"What a bother..."

"(Y/N)!!!"

She winced and hesitantly looked up, seeing her older brother and King swim towards her once she was in the kingdoms grounds. She noticed he had a frown set on his face as well. She waved hesitantly and laughed a bit sheepishly, having a bead of sweat trickle down her cheek "H-Hey B-Big brother..." She hoped that if she called him 'big brother' that she would be off the hook, but based on the frown deepening more alerted her that she wasn't off the hook. She sighed softly when seeing the look on the kings face didn't falter or wasn't cracking into laughter. She looks down in shame as the king began to rant about her being missing for half the morning. The king let out a irritated sigh and grabbed her arm with his hand in a tight gripped. She winced and bit her lip tightly as she was forcibly dragged back to the castle under the sea. "You know how long I've been waiting for you! Since this morning, young lady!!" She sighs a mushroom in defeat as her brother/king rambles on and one about her disappearance. "You know we have guests?! They've come to be your suitors once your coronation is done, and seeks your hand in marriage!" Her whole world and her heart just drops death, and into the world of shock and time froze. Hand in marriage?! She was only just 17-18 years old! But still! She was too young to marry!

Once into the golden coral castle, four merman of different species of mammals floated in the many entry of the castle. The young princess blinked from behind her brother. She hasn't seen the four males before, not even once. Which was strange but overwhelming. Her brother cleared his throat, catching the attention of the four males in front of him "Greetings, I would like to apologize for my early leave," he said politely before glancing daggers at the young mermaid behind him "I had to find something for a minute.." he said lowly in his grinding teeth. The four males barely glanced at each other before silently nodding. The king then changed the topic "My younger sister is here with me today to seek her suitor once her coronation is complete." The young mermaid behind him glared two burning hole at the back of his head while he continued to talk about the plans he has on making one of these merman her mate and lover. Her fangs snarled at the peak of her rage until she realized something, one of the males had a sister who her big brother and her younger brother were trying to attract. A greedy smirk came across her cheek as she glanced at her brother before swimming away to her room, not wanting to deal with her brother right now. "Stupid Seijuro!" She hissed out and dived into her head to cuddle her pet sea bunny, BunBun. She didn't want to marry one of the males, she wanted to be free and live free. She looks out her coral window and sighs softly "Maybe a new day will come and rid me from this stupid marriage thingy..." she yawned softly and threw a blanket over her and her sea bunny before sleep lulled them to sleep.

Looks like another adventure in, The Mermaid Tale...