Chapter 8: Sharp, Flat and Natural

Jessica’s Standpoint

                Will I be in Glee Club? I hope so. Honestly, I enjoyed joining in those kinds of club. I have been a fan of music since two. Surely, my friends will enter this club.  Hollie, Joshua and Skylar had been working their music together back then.  Speaking of Skylar, I wonder if she’s still mad at me. They never asked about me and Colton so I thought it would be harsher to share it to them. Colton is just a friend. He is a nice person and he also needs a friend.  Skylar shouldn’t think of anything else between the two of us. Nothing else.

                “Have you seen the callbacks?” asked someone. I looked back and it was Phillip. “ Oh. Not yet. Did you get in?” asked I. He answered, “ I want to look at it with you.” What’s wrong with him? Can’t he see at it alone? I smiled, “Okay.” Then we walked through the hall and finally seek the list.  He said, “Ready?” I approached him, “Wait! Remember the deal? As long as we get in, you’ll reconcile with Colton?” He replied, “ As you wish.” Soon as we saw our names, I accidentally hug him.  I am overjoyed that he and Colton will be the brothers that I want to be. “Sorry. I just get excited, “ said I. Phillip then smiled to me and said, “ Me too. Do you want to celebrate it, tonight?” I answered, “ Absolutely! At your resto? Sure!”  He left at once. Guess, I’ll bring my very big surprise to him!

Skylar’s Standpoint

                No I am not jealous at her! I just think she’s another girl admiring guys everywhere! I am not mad at Jessica. I don’t feel comfortable enough that we have the same crush. Moreover, she is more versatile in singing compared to me, maybe Colton will notice her much than I who liked him since then. I need to talk to Jessica to clarify these things. First and foremost, I should say sorry about my behavior. Lastly, if she likes Colton, I might stop admiring that guy and rather look for someone else. I don’t want to share guys  to best friends! That’s something theoretically, cheapness!

                “Hey, Skylar!  Walk fast! I am excited to see the lists!” called Hollie.  However, Joshua ran faster than Hollie who seems to be more excited than any of us. “ We are gleeks!” shouted Joshua. I looked the bulletin by myself. The first sane I saw is “Colton Dixon? He’s in?” Hollie said, “ Wow. Looks like you’ll meet him finally!” Someone called me out, “ Skylar! Guys! Congratulations!” praised Jessica. I actually don’t know how to turn with Jessica. I felt awkward that I treated her badly just because of a guy who never knows me. “ Jessica! Will you hang- out with us?” asked Hollie. I replied instead, “ Please? Guess, it will be our first best friend dates!” She replied, “ That’s actually what I want to tell you guys! Phillip and I are goin out tonight! I want you to join us!” Okay, did she just said the three major words, ‘Phillip’ , ‘goin’ out’ and ‘tonight’? Are they dating? Jessica said, “I know what’s in your mind. No, we are not dating! He is just a friend. He’ll be surprised to see you! “ Sounds interesting! We all agreed to be there.

Phillip’s Standpoint

                Why do I feel this way? I know I just knew her for a month but should I really date with her? I can’t make up my mind! I shouted, “No!” Hee Jun asked, “ No? I didn’t get in?” I didn’t see Hee Jun was just right beside me. I said, “No! Of course, you are in! Congrats pal!” Wow. Is this some kind of joke? A girl is trying to destroy my life.” She’s just a friend, Phillip,” thought to me. Then Hee Jun exclaimed, “ So, let’s rockin’ tonight!” I replied, “I’m sorry man. I had plans.” Hee Jun just shook his head.  

Joshua’s Standpoint

                I had plans! Thought I could just go out with Hollie. Alone, just the two of us. Hollie is the best person that happened to my life.  Although, my parents had been there for me, Hollie is the next person who stands by me. However, I don’t know how to tell my feelings to her. Sometimes, she is in the sharp mode who tries to avoid things like this too much. There are times that she’s over flat with doesn’t care at all. Most of the times, we are in natural mode. I don’t wanna break our friendship. I know her well. She believes that no man could court her.