Chapter 2: Soundtrack's Insomnia

Hollie’s Standpoint

First Days are rough days for everybody especially when you are in the process of adjustments which I’ve been doing since the day when I was born.  I’ve been tormented to bullying at school especially in my way of speaking which halts my confidence till now. Good thing, I have my best friend, Joshua as I grew up. He has been my only best friend back then before we met Skylar. Maybe we three are fit together because of our differences like my accent; Joshua was discriminated by his color; and Skylar as thick boned girl. However, between our differences, we are reunited with our unique ability of music. This is our soundtrack which keeps us together .

                As soon as we saw Jessica, we all know one thing. She will struggle a lot in this hell school. Even we loved our school; we also knew the hidden faults of darkness in this place. No one knows them yet but I know that she’ll never want to see it. So, we decided to befriend her till we knew her and maybe help us to escape from this third wheel world of teenage life.

                “Jessica, do you sing?” I asked. She answered in a very doubtful way, “Nah. Just you know? Singing in front of the mirror, in front of boxes,” replied Jessica. “C’mon, it might be not that bad,” said Joshua, trying to know her real humor in music. “I am not usually singin’ in front of huge crowd,” replied Jessica with confusions in her mind. Maybe, she could sing. However, as long as you don’t get the rhythm of doing it, she’ll never get the perfect song how great her voice could be.

Phillip’s Standpoint

                How did this happen? We had three years of  making love and celebrating  those times together without any doubt of ending like this and she just broke up with me in three minutes? What’s wrong with me? I am Phillip Phillips, son of Phillip Phillips Sr. and sick of these stupid kidney stones. Did Hannah just end everything between us because of this? Well, I’m not dying.

                “Pal! What’s the problem? Can’t eat your lunch? I could eat them for you,” surprised Hee Jun.“Hannah just broke up with me,” said to him who seems to can’t get enough eating my food and couldn’t listen to what I am saying.“ What? Man, thought you were for years?” asked Hee Jun. He’s right that I actually thought we were forever, “ Well,  I said that we’ll talk about it when she comes back.” Hee Jun smirked and said, “You really think of getting back? Don’t be such a fool! Look around you? Girls are everywhere.” I never said any word. Hannah is different. She’s one of a kind.

                I stood up to get to my class when I accidentally thud someone at my back. I turn around and it was Colton, “ Are you blind? Playing blind? Cross-eyed?” I knew him in this kind of situation.  As his half older brother, I should stand up where I should be, “I’m sorry.” He just smiled like a dog trying to make me feel he gain a point from me. It’s true. He is my half-brother. My dad had some little hook-ups with his mom .  Colton knew this since we were in third grade which felt miserable at both sides.  But, he was more unfortunate than I am because of his foster father who seems to be his worst nightmare at all. We are the siblings that will never meet the perfect soundtrack in our lives.

JESSICA’S STANDPOINT

                Scenarios like these never happened at Eastlake or maybe not this complicated. Brothers ‘ fight are usual but matters in this age, probably immaturity. Good that one has a humble heart while one is unforgiving. Skylar, Hollie and Joshua look at them as if it was a major game to watch but for me, it was nothing but dumbness.

                As the bell strikes, they choose to proceed in the auditorium so I still joined with them. “Jessica, that is the only place where we could shout out our thoughts in mind,” said Hollie. Then, Joshua opens the door for us. It was a huge auditorium which I’ve used to be my place too at Eastlake. There was a wide stage where we could sing, move and groove without limits.

                “Here, we feel free,” smiled Skylar. “This is where we really feel comfortable, “ added Joshua. “C’mon on stage Jessica! No one can see us!” exclaimed Hollie. I feel safe here. We have all the same virtue in music. This is where I belong and where our lives truly feel right. We tried to sing “What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger” which proved me that they are my guys to continue my good vibes at Mckinley

                Everything was in the right tract till someone clapped and said, “Welcome to the Glee Club.”Oh crap, this is not good.