Chapter 5 : Get the Beat

Jessica Standpoint

                Even I keep on avoiding of my singing thing; I still can’t resist the melody of doing it. I love music because it’s my life. However, it also gets me in trouble.  Just like what happened last night. Phillip just made me reveal my deepest secret in my life. He just can’t stop playing around me so I decided to give him my toughest song to prove I’m no ordinary girl. Actually, it just became worst. Most of all, I have to do something to keep my music and life away from him!

                Someone called me in a distant, “Jessica!Wait!” I looked back and it was Hollie with Skylar only. I asked, “Where is Joshua?” Then Hollie hold my hand and looked straight into my eyes, “Tell us the truth. Please don’t lie to us.” What she is asking about, I thought to myself. “Jess, don’t pretend you don’t know anything. Hollie saw you!”exclaimed Skylar. Did she saw me singing with Phillip last night? Technically, I’m singing alone. Please, I don’t wanna be girl being treated as the best friend of all just to be close to the school’s heartthrob! I replied, “I don’t know what exactly you’re talkin’ about.” Skylar and Hollie both grabbed my hand, “Jessica Sanchez! You have tons of videos in the internet! You are a great singer!” They’ve found them too soon and this won’t relieve me. I said, “ It was just last year.” Then Skylar  said, “ Last year? C’mon!You’re voice is for all years and centuries! The big question is that why you can’t join Glee Club?” Hollie added, “Don’t fool us! I’ve been surfing the net and watch almost half of your videos! Please, tell us your problem. We are your friends anyway.” I don’t actually know what to say. The last time I check, my real friends are still in the Eastlake. “ Skylar, Hollie, I’m sorry.  I guess, I’m not yet open in welcoming this new life here at Mckinley,” said I.  All I need is to think and know the best thing to do, right here, right now.

Phillip’s Standpoint

                I still can’t get over bout my hangover from her voice! Man, she’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met. I could imagine her singing with our band, having millions of albums! However, she hates me a lot cause I could see it in her eyes. She don’t get my rhythm neither I couldn’t feel her s. I have a feeling that she’s just lost and no one could ever find her. I know moving in is the worst part. She needs someone who will make her feel this is her new and satisfying home. The question is, “Who’s the irght person to do this?

                “Phillip!I missed your concert last night!” shouted Hee Jun.  Well, he’s actually my number one fan. What he doesn’t know is that I’ve notice he is into singing too. I know he would be interested if he finds out about Jessica. I said, “You should have been there! Someone just knocked me off last night!” However, he was distracted, “Look who’s cryin’ here.  Your new girl right there.” Then I looked at what’s he was pertaining to. It was Jessica. I decided to go near her and asked, “So, are they tears of happiness about seeing me last night?” Then she answered, “Phillip, I won’t sing tonight. Dad didn’t allow me. He said, ‘sorry.’” I wouldn’t be shocked if she said it however I don’t believe it, “ Your dad or you didn’t allow yourself?” She replied, “Why can’t just anyone understand me? I don’t want to be here! My real home is San Diego and Eastlake!” I felt a little bit anxious about her feelings. She really doesn’t like this place. I said, “ You know what the problem is? You can’t accept the fact that everything need to change.  Jessica, no one will ever understand you if you don’t wanna be understood.” Then she left, runnin across the hallway like a lost child reaching out her mother’s hand. “Dude, did she just dump you?” asked Hee Jun. I replied, “Nah. She’s just dump herself from all.”

Colton’s Standpoint

                I wonder where Jessica could be. I just finished practicing my song and I want her to be the first person to hear it. Even I had the hard time of searching my friends, with her, everything was worth it. It wouldn’t be a surprise if she’s the last person I want to be with. Don’t know why I trust her so much.

                In my surprise, I saw Jessica crying on the bushes when we first met. I asked her, “What’s the matter?” She didn’t reply at once till she knew it was me. “ I just don’t know what’s wrong about me. I felt no one could possibly get my point of being myself and don’t want to be with anybody.” Then I asked, “Why? Is that really what you want? Are you the girl who hated to socialize and rather wish to be the alien of the school?” She replied however it wasn’t the thing I wanna hear, “You just look like your brother.” I know it will be weird to shout at her and tell her the whole drama of our chained family. So, I decided just to give her an advice, “Know yourself first and what you really want. It’s hard to live pretending before reality tells you that it’s too late to give them all back.” I talked as if I wasn’t a Dixon who always says the shit things in this world.

                “Colton, thanks,” said Jessica. “You’re welcome. Just don’t ever compare me to my brother,” said I, just to clarify my abhorrence to Phillip. “I know you don’t wanna talk this much but don’t you think of treating him even just a friend?”asked she . I actually didn’t find the words to say however just said, “ Let’s just say that things happened this way. He won’t talk to me either.” She asked again, “What if he says ‘I’m sorry?’” I said, “No. It would just be pretending.” Then, she asked once again, “What if he give up everything for you?” I answered, “No. I doubt it.” The last time she asked a different question, “Will you give me a favor?” I replied, “Sure.”Then Jessica walked out and looked back, “Will you forgive your brother for me?”Then she finally left me still thinkin’ what she said.

Jessica’s Standpoint

                Everything is now under my control. I should pay back Colton’s good treatment to me same as Phillip though it was in a different way. This day is just like a song that when you tried to lose the beat, you’ll mess up. However, if you feel and knew the whole rhythm of it, that will be the perfect song for millions of years.