Chapter 7: Song of Your Life

Elise’ Standpoint

                I’ve never knew I’ll handle this Glee Club. It has been a dream comes true. Now that it has been two weeks since the school year started same as the aspirants of our club. Though this club won Nationals, some students still don’t accept it as a major club. Well, it might be for real singers who could appreciate this club. I am looking forward of the best among the best. Deadnre is the last student I knew in this club. I am really hoping for new amazing voices especially the best friends. They should be ready because I really have a big surprise for them.

Phillip’s Standpoint

                I was so happy that I had started a very nice friendship with Jessica. Aside from that,  she insisted singin’ in  the resto when she has free time. I understand that she struggled a lot with those weeks. However, what matters most is that we both get in to Glee Club. Honestly, I never wanted to join this club. I thought she was feeling the same way till I knew she’ll caught me up getting back with Colton as brothers. Why does she need to gets in someone’s lives? I mean, she doesn’t have the right. But actually, I don’t feel bad about it.

                “Hee Jun! Wanna join with me in auditorium?” asked I.  He then looked at me seriously. And said, “ Sure Pal. Cause, cause I also sign up!” I wouldn’t be surprise but I still felt surprised because he never told me bout this. I said, “Well, let’s go. Man, what’s your song?” Hee Jun replied, “Phillip, know the word being ‘surprise’!” I thought it was the word saying in mind all over again for the last two minutes. Whatever, this is still Hee Jun, my crazy best friend and best brother in the world.

Jessica’ Standpoint

                This is the day that we’ve been waiting for. All of us singing for the new club, new family that we want. I wonder where Phillip is yet it will start by five minutes. I’m looking for him  cause he promised me. I remember those words that night, “Don’t forget my name when you sign up! It’s spelling is easier than you thought!” I can’t stop laughing at it. However, I am thinking if he’ll really mean our deal. He and Colton should be the best brothers that they could be. If they only know how I loved my brothers so much, they won’t regret being together in the rest of their lives.

                There were few applicants as I could count them by my fingers including us. Hollie, Skylar and Joshua are so nervous and of course, I.  Then someone wish me luck, “Hey Jessica, I’ve never seen you around. Good luck by the ways.” It was Colton. Colton? Colton! What is he doing here? I looked back but he tried to sit down on the other side, alone. I turn to my friends looking very awkward. Hollie said,  “It’s weird that he’s here.” “The last time he entered this auditorium, he was almost expelled, added Joshua. I asked, “Why?” Hollie replied, “He throw eggs to the acting Justin Bieber? It was awful. That guy almost got into the hospital.” I wonder why Skylar wasn’t joining our conversation. However she said,  “More weird that you are friends.” This is what I thought the most horrible thing in a friendship. Most of all, if Phillip and Colton will be in this club, their brother competition will gonna be tighter than before. What have I done?

Phillip’s Standpoint

                We came almost late and I heard Ms. Testone announcing, “ Welcome future Glee members! For this afternoon, I’m here to see the newest and coolest voices of Mckinley! Furthermore, a much known professor will join me in judging. Please welcome, the original Glee Teacher, Mr. Will Schuester!” Oh well,it’s just him. “ Are you all excited gleeks?” asked he. I feel alright, just gonna play my stuff well.

                I am actually searching for Jessica. There, she sat in the front seat with her friends. Well,  they don’t obviously want to be the first performers?  Then, Mr. Will said, “Your music will tell who you are. Better pick the songs that reflect your true identity. Shall we start?” He’s right. Well, Joshua started it by singing “Man’s World.” Then, next to him was Skylar with her ‘Radio’.  My best friend Hee Jun takes the stage with ‘How am I supposed to live Without You.’ Nest was Hollie with her version of , ‘Rolling in the Deep.’God! They’re all good! I heard, “Colton Dixon.” What? He’s here? He sang “Decode.” It was his acoustic version! He’s damn good, I guess we’re really brothers. Ms. Testone and Mr. Schue really like his performance. I could see it in their faces. I never knew I was next in line.

                As I walked on stage, I saw Colton and he was smiling at me. Then he said, “Good luck.” What’s that supposed to mean? I am now onstage and I could see all the faces except Colton who left just before I give my first notes. Then, Jessica gave me thumbs up. I sang,”Stand By Me”  This could be a very simple song but I’ve singin this since my first year in the resto. Hope this will work to get in. This is my moment and song. 

When the night has come

And the land is dark

And the moon is the only light we'll see

No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid

Just as long as you stand, stand by me

                After I sang it, they all clapped and I just smiled at them. I don’t really know if this is a yes or no performance. I never realize that Jessica was next till I returned at my seat.  She is singing, ‘And I Am Telling You.’

And I am telling you 

I'm not going. 

You're the best man I'll ever know. 

There's no way I can ever go, 

No, no, no, no way, 

No, no, no, no way I'm livin' without you. 

I'm not livin' without you. 

I don't want to be free. 

I'm stayin', 

I'm stayin', 

And you, and you, you're gonna love me. 

Ooh, you're gonna love me. 

She looks stunning on stage with lights all over her.  From the first note till the last note, she nailed it! She got a standing o with Ms. Testone and Mr. Schue. Jessica is such a good singer.  I love her performance. Even Hee Jun loved her so much.  It was magic to see her like that. Lots of performances followed. However, they weren’t as good as the first ones. Before we left, Ms. Testone said that they’ll just post the new members in the bulletin. Sure everyone could be in except me.

Jessica’s Standpoint

                I still can’t believe what just happened a while ago. I’m so happy for what I’ve done. This is a great achievement for me. Hollie said, “Wow! Jessica you are a superb.” However, I realize Skylar is like not with us. I asked her, “What’s wrong Skylar?” She answered, “ I wanna go home. I feel sick. Bye guys.” She left us. Joshua explained, “She does that when she’s not feeling right, emotionally.” Hollie added, “ Skylar had huge crush to Colton. She never learned admiring artist, singers or pop stars thing. Just Colton. Team Colton forever?” Though it is something funny, I know this kind of scenarios.

                Someone called out my name, “Hey Jessica! You are phenomenal!” I laughed cause I know this voice. I should thank him. He’s the reason why I did this.