Prologue

*****

The lights were dimmed, with the television on . Noor, my sixteen year old daughter had her head laid peacefully on my laps and she was watching a comedy movie as she laughed heartily. She looked so innocent. I wanted to capture the moment and keep it with me forever.

I felt the throbbing headache back. I'll have to tell her someday, before it gets too late. Sadeeq is never here for the both of us. She's all I have now. But I can't bring myself to tell her, she's finally okay now. After three long years.

My daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me...and I would do anything to be with her...if it means battling life...then I would.

She then looked up at me, her black orbs piercing into mine and she said in an innocent way. "Mamma, tell me a story".

I chuckled a bit before answering her. "About what darling?"

"Anything" she spoke. "Tell me about your life mama" I smiled, sank deep into the soft sofa and began caressing her soft, silky hair untangling the knots with my fingers. I felt the memories flood back as I spoke. I had it engraved in my heart. I remember everything very clearly.

"It all started..long ago..."

And this is how I told her..the story of my life...of my battles, of my storms, my uncontrollable storms. The untamed storms.

I told her my story.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>