tied

•8 months later: toronto, canada•

liked by shawnmendes, karenmendes, aaliyahmende

liked by shawnmendes, karenmendes, aaliyahmende.s and 4,382,138 more.

blakerossi     today's the day

tagged aaliyahmende.s, ivyballasari, andrearussett & karenmendes

shawnmendes     meet you at the alter😉👰🏽

view 30,832 more comments

"I um, I wrote notes for everybody." I announced to my four bridesmaids.

It was already an emotional day from the moment I woke up.

Today I was getting married.

It was hard to believe that I was tying the knot with the boy who I had given my whole heart to, just after our 3 year anniversary. Just after Shawn and I had both turned 21.

We were in Toronto, we agreed that this would be the perfect place to be married. Aaliyah, Karen, Jennifer and Michelle were all in the room helping me get ready.

My bridesmaids were Ivy and Andrea and my maid of honor was Aaliyah. I didn't have a very large circle of close friends, so they were my options. My first idea was to have literally all of the Angels be my bridesmaids but obviously that wasn't a choice.

I wrote everybody their own personal notes thanking them for how they've been there for me in some sort of way and thanking them for the endless amount of love and friendship they've given me. I wrote Karen a note thanking her for showing me what having a family was like again. She had already been randomly crying all day so this personal note was a hit in the face for her and she was almost full blown sobbing.

After everyone read their notes, we all gathered in the dressing room to get ready. Jennifer had brought along some of her friends so we could all get ready together be done at a good time.

Through the entire process, I couldn't stop shaking my legs or fiddling with the engagement ring that was wrapped around my left ring finger. I constantly had to take deep breaths just to make sure I wouldn't have an anxiety attack.

Once my hair and make up was done, Jennifer brought out the dress we had spent forever looking for and I felt my eyes start to water again.

Jennifer helped me into the dress and when my heels were on and everything came together, I looked in the large mirror on the wall at myself. I couldn't help but smile at how genuinely happy and healthy I looked. Karen came behind me, a tissue in her hand as she wiped her tears away.

"You look so beautiful," she said as she gave me a hug, "I'm so happy that this is happening.

"I love you, Karen." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her tightly.

Within seconds all of my girls were hugging me in a huge group hug. They all looked gorgeous as well.

"Shawn is gonna love this," Aaliyah took my hands as she looked down at my dress. It was weird that I had met her when she was just 13, now she was 17, turning 18 pretty soon. And she was here, at mine and her brothers wedding. She was the first person I had ever told about my feelings for Shawn, now she was my Maid of Honor.