Chapter 23.

"Tynan.. I think I'm going to throw up..." you try to suppress the urge to vomit as the demon carries you. You've walked for about 10 minutes and your fatigue worsened, your stomach hurt and you were about to give up whatever breakfast you had.

"We're almost there, the area is taking its effect on you." his calm voice soothes you a bit but the vile liquefied mushiness trying to escape your body was slowly making its way towards your throat. You look to the distance and see your grandparent's barn with open doors. Closing your eyes you start counting to take your mind off everything. Just as Tynan steps with you into the building you feel a bit lighter, as if you didn't have anything in your stomach, but you felt thirsty.

"Try to relax, we're almost out"

The doors close with a creek and you're enveloped in darkness.

..........................

 You stir a bit and grab onto fluffy covers. Opening your eyes slowly and blinking a bit rapidly you focus your vision and see the ceiling.  Something fluffy and yellow rested beside your cheek and as you turned your head a bit, it started to move:

"Cheep cheep!" 

"Hey there little guy~" you smile as he jumps on your chest and stares at you cutely tilting his head.

You sling your right arm over your face, resting it on your forehead. The chick sat on your chest as you observed the sunlight seeping in through the window. Light footsteps are heard behind your door as it creaks open and your mother greets you with a smile.

"It's 12 pm, I think you've slept enough* opens the door wider* breakfast is on the table, grandpa prepared it."

She turns to leave but stops. At the same time, you sit up a bit and a look of shock presents itself on your face. In the corner of the room, a bit farther from the window, Tynan sat on the chair near the desk, reading a book. Sweat started to trail your body as your mother turned around:

"  People from the wildlife association arrived to investigate. *sighs* apparently they don't really know what animal is doing this and none of their previous records show that any animal shreds their prey like this. Also, the neighbours have lost some of their animals, your dad and grandpa are going to guard the barn by switching at night- are you ok Y/N?*

She must have noticed that you were sitting very still, hands gripping the covers. You were trying not to stare at Tynan who put down his book and waited patiently.

"I-I'm ok, so no one knows what's going on?"

"Yes and I want you not to go outside when it's getting late, understand? We don't know what's out there so it's best to stay inside- are you sure you're ok? You've been looking at your table for some reason"

Stepping into the room, your mom puts her hands on her hips and looks at the table. Tynan doesn't break his gaze on you while your mom walks around the room.

"Mom I'm ok, I just need some breakfast, that's all." Your eye twitches out of annoyance as Tynan smirks.

"Cheep!"

You both look at the little chick and your mother laughs as it jumps from the bed and comes to her.

"Hmm ok, go get that breakfast and remembe-"

"To come back by evening, I got it" you let down your legs and touch the floor with your bare feet. Just now noticing you were in your pajamas, or more like, you only wore a t-shirt and no pants.

"I'll be in the garden" the door softly closes after your mother leaves, the chick following her.

"So.." tossing the covers over your legs to not let them be exposed, you trail a thought.