Chapter 19.

"I don't know what to do...." as this thought crosses your mind multiple times, your breathing becomes a bit deeper.

*step...step....*

The footsteps were inching closer to the ladders, you could see from your hideout that the piece of wood moved a bit and now you were going into panic mode as it started to move even more rapidly from side to side as if the thing was trying to climb it.

The chickens started to cluck loudly, they knew the thing below was a threat and the rooster which protected them usually, was outside, wandering somewhere. 

*SCREECH*

You hear what seemed to be, tiny feet patting the ground rapidly and screeching noises of a peacock. Soon more of its companions joined in and the fluttering of feathers sounded through the air. 

"Get...Off...me..."

You hear a pained screech from a peacock and bite your lip, it was hurting them. You had to do something, you were left to take care of the house. And what's more, you couldn't just sit by as others got hurt, it was after YOU and no one else. 

Taking a deep breath you take the stick and slowly get out of the hay pile. Maybe if you're stealthy enough you could get the drop on it while it fought off the birds. Noises of fighting haven't dimmed and the being was even cursing now. You take tiny steps towards the ladder and look down to see the tar person smacking away the attacking animals. Placing your feet on the first rung so the fall wouldn't be too painful you ready your stick and jump on the being. The birds stand back as you ram the stick into the creatures head. 

"Don't hurt them you bastard!" 

You try to hit it again with the stick but sadly, you couldn't even take out the stick from his head, it was stuck and even sinking into the creature!

Falling back you take a defensive position as the beings head rises up. Looking at it a bit closer now, you could make out a shape of a man. He slowly extends his arm towards the stick and yanks it out, black substance spills on the ground but the being looks unfazed. Yep, you don't stand a chance against it.

When it directs its attention towards you, the same creepy smile appears on its face. Shivers run down your spine, your legs become wobbly but you try not to give out. You're no fighter, no defender, but, what you are, is stubborn. You won't let it kill or hurt these animals or you.

"Heeey.....Y/N....." 

*step.....step......*

As stupid as it is, you stand your ground. If you show that you're intimidated or flee, it will just go after you. He stops a mere 30 feet from you and wobbles from side to side as if excited. Gurgling sounds escape its throat, small bits of black mass drip onto the ground. You WILL have nightmares of this.

"W-what do you want? Are you the one who killed those animals?" anger and fear laced your words.

The being tilted its head a bit as if in a daze. You almost jumped when it let out a roar of laughter, again, some of the black mass, now in higher portions, spilled on the ground and some got on your face. Quickly rubbing it away you felt your skin burning from the liquid, it felt like there were traces of acid in it. 

" I'm only.....a messenger....." it begins cackling as you take a tiny step back.

Some part of you relaxed just a teensy bit of the fact that it wasn't here to kill you and at least that's good. Of course, it could be lying but if it were, then it wouldn't be talking to you now would it?

"Tell me your message" you stand firmly and wait for the creature to respond.

It snickers at your braveness, that grin of his was scary but it struck some annoyance in you. How much time has it passed?  Your family should be home right about now. And if they were, you hope they don't come in here until you hear out the message.