Chapter 16.

You stare at your plate of breakfast, a steaming cup of tea right beside it. Having no appetite after last night's incidents your head was completely empty. When you woke up it was 8 o'clock, light knocking was heard from your door and that sent a shiver down your spine. Thinking it was the creature you just sat silently but hearing both of your parent's talking and having their usual conversations relaxed you a bit. 

"Y/N? You don't like what's for breakfast?"

Now sitting at the Inn's dining room you look at your parents. Your dad was reading the latest news while scrolling down the screen of his phone, coffee cup in one hand, phone in the other. Your mother did the same except she wasn't reading but looking at you while sipping coffee.

"I just feel a bit sick, I'll go to the bathroom" standing up you set aside your chair and go to the back where the lady's room was. Pushing the door you enter and stand in front of the mirror, hands placed on the side of the sink you look down to the white surface of it.  You weren't actually sick, but there's was some bitterness in your mouth. Turning the tap on, you rinse your hands and face, the cold water refreshes you in an instant. 

Feeling a bit better you look to the mirror and groan a bit, your hair was a mess, there was some kind of stain on your shirt and frankly, you looked like a zombie. It reminded you of school days, when you had to rush in the morning, didn't get enough sleep and just wished lessons would be cancelled. One time when you had art some students brought gas bombs to the school and left them in the toilets. You were listening to music and drawing when suddenly everyone was running outside. School was cancelled that day and you heard that the students were caught and expelled.

Chuckling a bit at the memory you dry your hands, decide to brush your hair in the car and exit the bathroom. What you didn't notice about your appearance was the faint hue of purple surrounding you as it followed suit.

"We're leaving in 15 minutes so go pack your luggage" putting his cup down your dad says.

"She should at least eat a little bit, you can't go on an empty stomach Y/N" your mom let's out a sigh of relief as she sees you wolf down a bit of food. 

"Finish your tea, go pack and come to the car" your dad says and leaves with your mother.

"Ok" pushing your plate aside you take the cup of tea and drink it bit by bit.

The windowsill across from your table catches your attention, deep red flowers sway a bit from the partly opened window. They bloomed beautifully and made the room more cozy, lifting up your spirits a bit.

"Excuse me?"

You freeze and look to the side but relax after seeing the cafe's owner who gave the keys to your bedrooms. Nodding for him to talk he coughs a bit and asks politely:

"Pardon me for this but have you spilled a drink or some other fluid while entering your room?"

A confused expression overcame your face. You didn't see anything while leaving your room nor did you bring anything drinkable there...

"Um, sorry I didn't bring anything except my luggage full of clothes..." Standing up you tell him that you'll check it out and clean it if you find something. Of course he protested politely first because cleaning was usually left for the workers there but you insisted that it was your fault and you'll take care of it.

Climbing the stairs you think of every hour, minute, second of last night. Shuddering at the memory of that creature behind your door was frustrating but you pushed the thoughts out of your mind. You really didn't bring any drink or anything.

 Just as you approach your door a click sounds and the opposite door from yours opens revealing your dad with his luggage. It makes a thud sound when he places it and looks at you: