Chapter 9.

*crash*

"Dammit, it slipped..." taking some cloth you soak up the coffee which spilled on the floor. Then taking a broom and dustpan you start to sweep the broken glass.

*flashback*

After stepping through the door you found yourself in complete darkness. You felt the ground but when you stretched your arms you couldn't touch any walls or anything so you just grabbed around progressing forward. The next thing you know you find yourself in the hallway of your parent's apartment. Exhausted you crept into the kitchen for some coffee and here you are, cup broken, coffee spilt.

"Now, the latest news" you listen to the radio as you throw the broken shards of the cup into the trash bin.

Turning on the radio in mornings and having tea or coffee is how you usually get up. When you came back you checked what day it was, god knows how much time you were, well, in that dark forest. Since it was Tuesday, work day, your parents were already out.

The previous days were hectic. Let's be honest, who would not be tired from meeting a demon, escape flesh eating monsters and still hold their sanity intact?

"Sigh, I don't know which I need more, fresh air or just a good sleep?" you were a bit scared of dreaming because it might lead you to meet Tynan again. He might be the cause of these things happening or you've just gone crazy. 

"Ugh I'll just.... watch some TV"

Standing up from the table you turn to walk out of the kitchen, grabbing some cookies on the way. 

*crash*

Turning quickly you see another broken cup.....

Oh and what else did you see?

A tiny line of a shadow running away from the cup.

Your eyes widen, carefully walking up to the broken pieces you look at them from side to side, inspecting every corner. That cup was on the edge of the table, but it couldn't have fallen because it was securely placed there, you had enough of broken stuff.

"So shadows do that too huh" You didn't worry much because it was morning, the sun was out and Tynan mentioned while you walked in the forest:

"Shadows are weak at day but they still linger about, causing certain things to happen so be careful."

Shrugging you pick up the broken cup and dispose of it. Looking around and giving a firm nod to yourself that there are no easily movable objects you exit the kitchen and go to your parents room.

"Where's that remote?" you searched the whole room for the remote but can't find it, annoyance was clear on your face as you looked under an armchair, still nothing.

"Ugh, what the hell, did dad put it in another room again?" just as you asked that:

"Local authorities suspect that...." you jump at the sound of the TV, knocking your head against the bottom of the armchair.

"Ow ow ow" grabbing your head you gently massage the pain away and turn to the TV. Ok, cup broken, TV turning on by itself, horror material right here.

"Don't tell me I'm gonna hear creepy sounds next" sitting on the bed you get comfy and eat your cookies. The news was on and a lady was talking about a murder happening not far from the store you fainted in.

"The girl was stabbed multiple times in the stomach..."

You saw how the news lady's face was pale as she stood in front of the camera, the murder scene behind her. It was the street that divided the forest from the apartments. Mostly runners, mothers with baby carriages and old folk walked that street so it was unusual that a murder happened in broad daylight. Of course, if the murderer is not sane it explains everything.